Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Nice. Easy. No Fuss, No Muss. I have seen my humis swing thru-out the year tempature wise from 58 to 74 degrees, but usually 65 - 68 degrees 300+ days. Am I causing any damage or sickness to my cigars? Always a constant relative humidity though.

Rick has been kind enough to share a few of cigars with me and they were excellent! DaveC you have a great set-up there. I may just follow your guys' lead this summer and put one of those Edison a dors in my garage. I'll be pm-ing you then. :w

Thanks for sharing, rns

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
none in there, i think it's unnecessary. All the cigar are in cedar boxes(i removed the trays and all loosies are either bundled or in the humidor now) and or tubes. the aroma when you open the door is truly intoxicating i will say.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Very nice!
A man with great tastes & ingenuity.
Good luck.

MoTheMan

PM sent

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Nice job Dave! The set-up looks great and the inventory isn't too shabby either. Really like your comment about the aroma. :)

I know someone who will be chuckling, with a big ole sh*t eating grin, while he enjoys his primo smokes during the hot summer months!!:D

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
man, thank g-d for this forum. because of people like you Okie, and Edison, Mo, and Poker(many more, just can't remember y'all) i have learned so much and begun on my path to attaining the perfect smoke!

u guys ROCK!:D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Excuse the ignorance on this one, but this looks very much like a fridge that has been converted, am I correct?

Just one question, if it is a fridge is it still plugged in to the mains? The only reason I ask it that I have an old freezer that could be made into a humi, but as soon as you turn it off and close the door it gets covered in mould and stinks.

I therefore assume that you need to keep it turned on (except that you wouldn't if you were using a freezer!)

Presumably if you are going down this route you should use an old chiller cabinet commonly found in bars?

As I said, excuse the ignorance, I'm from Barcelona.

Rodster

PS Hope there are some eagle eyed connoisseurs of classic British TV amongst you!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Dave I use the same method....works great.

Nice looking humi, want to share some of those cigars ;)
I'll gladly take some off your hands, help you make some room. Looks alittle crowded in there. :D

:pu

1 - 20 of 74 Posts