Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what can I say about this Dog Rockett? :pu comes to mind. I picked this one up at a local shop. It looked real nice.The Wrapper was a nice Oily Brown and not too veiny. Lit it up and the Draw was near perfect and the Burn was even with a nice Salt and Pepper Ash before I flushed it down the Toilet about 1/2 way through!. It had a One Dimensional Vegetable taste throughout. This was supposed be a Full Strength Cigar but, I didn't taste anything but Boca Burger throughout. Needless to say I didn't enjoy this one at all. This is the worst Cigar I've smoked to date.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Re: Edge by RP Torpedo M

Thurm15 said:
It had a One Dimensional Vegetable taste throughout.
I have nothing but great luck and love the RP vintage series. However have read many reviews noting that vegetable taste, and now yours with the RP edge.

What I will get is a definite fermentation taste which I find a positive.

Just wondering what could cause the veg taste and why only on some cigars not others?

·
Registered
186 Posts

Man I have a couple of these on their way now. getting a little worried now.

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts

I wouldn't worry. They were a little young about 3 months ago. I thought they were going to age just fine. I do like the RPatel line though. :w

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

Funny - I have read others' reviews of that 'vegetal taste' but I've never experienced it myself. I quite like the Edge Toros I've smoked - nice spicey notes, good strength and flavor (though its more overwhelming than subtle) and plenty of smoke. I'd say try another one, but to tell you the truth if I had the experience you did I doubt I would.

·
Registered
72 Posts

I was in my local shop yesterday and he was stocking the "Edge Bucket" as he called it...said he couldn't keep this thing full. Told me to come back in two days and it would be empty...I'm pretty sure he had about 100 each (natural and maduro) in there. I got curious and bought a maduro. I absolutely love the RP 90's, but now I'm a bit concerned about this one...think I'll let it sit for quite a while. I'll probably give it a shot later this summer.

Unlit aroma is great, wrapper is creamy and shiny and construction feels solid...makes me think of the 90's...we'll see. Thanks for the review. :)

Grizz

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

galaga said:
I wouldn't worry. They were a little young about 3 months ago. I thought they were going to age just fine. I do like the RPatel line though. :w
I wonder if this is the same edge I've got just today from a BOTL?
Mmmmm! Yummmy smell!

·
Banned
8,745 Posts

pinoyman said:
I wonder if this is the same edge I've got just today from a BOTL?
Mmmmm! Yummmy smell!
My friend you will enjoy them. We did a split a few months back (thanks again Jason) and they are wonderful strong firm robust cigars. Thurm must have had a young or bad-un.

·
Banned
8,745 Posts

Thurm15 said:
I'll have to give this one another Try. I was really suprised at how bad that thing tasted. Must have been a bad one. I love the RPV 92.
RPV92 me too. Never understood the veggie comments on this one. Got a bunch when they first came out. Maybe they were aged longer who knows. Smoke what you like like what you smoke.

·
Registered
132 Posts

i like the corojos. have only smoked one of the maddies so i cant make a fair judgment yet. these have not been out very long. if you try another let it nap for a month or two first...

·
Banned
6,267 Posts

I was also in on the split from a few months back.... however mine are aging right now and I haven't tried any of them. I figure I'll let 'em sit for a year or so and see how they are. I had tried one from another BOTL that was young. It had potential. So they are aging at the moment.

I've also had that vegetable taste in the Vintage by Rocky Patel Series. I thought it was horrible. Read the review here.... http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7302

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts

vegetal taste = Young RP, Edge, whatever
The sungrown line when young is too nasty to get the veggie notes! :)

I have had an Edge Toro burried in my cooler for 3 months or so now. I suppose next time I run across it I will give the foot another sniff; it might need to change into carbon here soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.