Cigar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many times I wanted to fall asleep throughout this slow, tedious, lack of dialgue, dull, monotonous, bizzarre setting, wierd people, dreary, meaningless, pointless, 'movie'. Heck even after watching it, my wife and I both were waiting for the movie to start. I checked the screen menu and sure enough, I clicked on movie.

I've watched better 30 second commercials for womens 'monthly products' than this.

I also feel very sad I wasted $20.00 on a movie that was hyped up too much.

Final Thoughts: Thumbs down!
Better yet, anyone who wants it, send me a decent Habanos to cover shipping and its out the door.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I had some folks talk to me about this movie, and their review was negative. So far, most of the people whom I have spoken to have not enjoyed this movie.

I don't think I will see it given the negative reviews by so many people.

:z

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
After watching this movie, one sentence came to mind: What was the point? :s

·
-
11,412 Posts
i haven't seen a decent bill murray movie since.... well.... since.... uh..... STRIPES!

what about bob was just okay, but damn, he gets on my nerves in every movie he's in.

scrooged was good, but not due to bill murray, i just like the story.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For only the 2nd time in my life I actually walked out of a theater before a movie was over!

The first time was Black Rain with Michael Douglas.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bear Claw Chris Lappe said:
For only the 2nd time in my life I actually walked out of a theater before a movie was over!

The first time was Black Rain with Michael Douglas.
So is it just a coincidence that they were both set in Japan?

:rolleyes:

I lived in Osaka for a while (Where Black Rain was filmed) but other than getting a kick out of seeing familiar sights, I agree the movie sucked.

-Q

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quixote said:
So is it just a coincidence that they were both set in Japan?

:rolleyes:

I lived in Osaka for a while (Where Black Rain was filmed) but other than getting a kick out of seeing familiar sights, I agree the movie sucked.

-Q
That's what is so wierd, normally I am a Japan nut and love anything set there, I am learning Japanese ADORE japanese women and anything samurai or japan related. And yet the onlt two movies I have walked out on were both set there??????????????

·
Registered
132 Posts
i have to say that i liked it. it WAS really slow, with lots of silence. bill murrays portrayal of a washed-up movie star hanging onto his career by doing commercials in japan was pretty funny.
it was very different from some of the more run of the mill hollywood type movies in that it was not at all over the top.
it was also sort of fun to look at in that 'why has bhodidharma left for the east' kind of way.

ymmv

·
Registered
672 Posts
wouldestous said:
i have to say that i liked it. it WAS really slow, with lots of silence. bill murrays portrayal of a washed-up movie star hanging onto his career by doing commercials in japan was pretty funny.
it was very different from some of the more run of the mill hollywood type movies in that it was not at all over the top.
it was also sort of fun to look at in that 'why has bhodidharma left for the east' kind of way.

ymmv
I agree. I liked it. It was a bit slow and nothing really happend. Felt a bit empty after seeing it. I dont think it would have worked without Bill Murray. It had some strange humor.

4.0 out of 5.0

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Great movie. I like to see Bill Murray doing different movies. He is a great actor and is capable of much more than comedy. Wish him and Scarlet Johanson hooked up though.

What was wrong with dodgeball? I thought it was hillarious. Who would have thought there would ever be a movie about dodgeball? :r

Jeff

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Churchlady said:
After watching this movie, one sentence came to mind: What was the point? :s
That is exactly what I thought. If Seinfeld was the show about nothing, Lost in Translation was the movie where nothing happened. I have a 2 hour hole in my life from this film...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.