Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I haven't lived there in quite some time so it's all a haze now. I remember the liquor store on Rt.9 because it was the only place I could find the elusive David Bruce Zinfandel. They don't make it anymore which is a travesty. That stuff was awesome.

·
Home Brewin' Herfer
669 Posts
yes, there's a Havana House right off Rt 9, in between 9 and Main St., little strip mall next to Wendy's, across from that big brick supply yard.
There's a few Smokes-for-less on 9, and then there's the great and wonderful Hudson Valley Cigar across the river in New Windsor.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Anyone know of a good smoke shop in Dutchess county?
Right on Rt 9 in Reinbeck there's the Reinbeck smoke shop Cigars pipes nice place or at least it was last time i was up there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Anyone know of a good smoke shop in Dutchess county?
I know this is a late reply but the only ones I know of are Smokes 4 Less on Raymond Ave or South Rd (Rte 9) in Poughkeepsie or Puff n' Stuff on South Rd. I live in Newburgh and the only one I use here is Hudson Valley Cigars in New Windsor. Its my Favorite B&M because its attached to Schlessingers Steak House and it is the only Bar I know of where you can still smoke at.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is a super late reply, but if you're still here / still wondering, or for anyone else who stumbles on this thread - I go to Marist, and I usually go to the Smokes 4 Less across from Marist on Route 9 in Poughkeepsie - they have a walk-in humidor. I also go to Rhinebeck Smoke Shoppe on the corner of Route 9 and E. Market Street - they also have a walk-in humidor and a decent pipe / pipe tobacco selection.

·
Registered
376 Posts
:bump2:

Schlessingers Steak House B&M is actually in Orange County but not far from Dutchess via the Newburgh/ Beacon bridge.

Anyone have an updated list for Dutchess County B&M's?

·
Mark Twain had it Right
60 Posts
I'm a fan of driving monthly to Queensbury for my loot, but was wondering if there are smoking clubs/meetups in the dutchess ulster region if not, let start something

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is old, but there doesn't seem to be much activity on the NY section from what I saw.

The Pleasant Valley S4L, is pretty sad, in fact most of the S4L locations are.

The newest one in Wappingers is the largest and most well stocked because the company manager has his office there. the Smoke shop in Rheinbeck, IS a S4L but there is a town ordinance that prevents a chain establishment from being there. Same company, different name.

While I do enjoy smoking cigars, I've kind of left them behind and have become a pipe smoker for several reasons. Although they do have some pipe related items, I almost feel left out in the cold by the local smoke shops, plus anything I want is available online at least $4 cheaper than John Urban's tobacco empire charges.

Captain Black pouch at S4L = $11, same pouch at Cigars International = $6.99 and there is what seems like an endless catalog of blends I could add to my car with a simple click.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.