Cigar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am an airline pilot, but we are not exempt from security and have to follow the same rules as everybody else(for the most part). I did lots of research on this through my union security rep as well as emails with the TSA.

Torch lighters through security are a no go(at least officially, mine makes it through every week and I average 4+ trips through security a week, but I know it could get taken at any time so its a risk I run, I simply toss it into my toiletry bag and nobody says anything). Guillotine cutters are allowed in carry on's(officially), I couldnt get an official ruling on punch's though so I leave mine at home. Anything goes in checked luggage(provided it doesnt get pilfered by the rampers).

If they try to take a cutter, ask them to show you the reg, they wont be able to or they will show you one that says its ok. They have to show you the regulation book before they do anything if they are asked about it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.