Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Oh, I meant to speak to open tins but I've got a million things going at once right now! LOL

An open tin that closes pretty tightly will last a couple weeks before it dries out. Your best bet is to get some mason or ball jars and seal it up. That way the moisture stays constant. It will last indefinitely in a jar. (providing the lid doesn't fail on it)
+1 on this, some blends will even get better with some time sealed away.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I'm fairly new as well so I haven't tried any tins yet, but I take it that they last pretty long. Don't mean to derail the thread but any ideas as to how long resealable bags last?
It can depend on the tobacco, but not long... plastic bags aren't airtight, that means moisture and any flavorings can easily evaporate...

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have a mason jar, but not enough for each different tobacco. Can I put all the bags into a single jar without having any drawbacks, like flavors mixing, etc?
I would imagine the flavors would probably do some mixing. Mason jars are cheap at Wally World, might as well pick some up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.