Cigar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was gifted a box of lgc dark robustos and have had them in the humi for about 6 weeks.......problem is that the wrapper appears to be extremely dry and when smoked there is a dry, unflavored taste to the smoke..........as much as i`d hate it,i`m ready to toss these unless someone can suggest a way to revitalize these really bland cigars........let me clarify that the wrapper feels like sandpaper..........:pu :pu

·
Registered
546 Posts
Is the humidity in your humidor good? Does it have an analog hygrometer? I know I could never trust my analog and finally bought a digital, and it made a world of difference.

Grinch OUT!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i recently calibrated the 2 analog hygrometers in my humi so i`m confident of their accuracy.......also ,i have no problem with any of the other 150 cigars in the humi...........i tend to like my humidity level at around 72 degrees so i know there`s plenty of moisture..........i really enjoy lgc`s but this box needs help.....i`d get more flavor smoking los angeles air

·
Registered
546 Posts
Damn, sounds like you got a very bad batch, if that's the case. Hate to hear things like that.

Grinch OUT!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah. i think so..........i`ll leave `em in the humi and i`ll try `em again on my birthday........year 2005

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
an interesting footnote..........thought i`d read up on some reviews of this stick and 90% were dissapointed and claimed the cigars were tasteless...........got to say all this has got me turned off to buying any more lgc`s.............gimme a erdm or padron anytime

·
Registered
291 Posts
Had a bad dry batch of LGC Serie R last year also. I tried to see if they would come back to life in the Humi for six months, but very disappointed. Though I usually love LGC's, this box had to be given away as mild smokes.
:w

1 - 7 of 7 Posts