Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRM removal tool?

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Cigary 
#1 ·
Anyone know a good program to strip DRM from m4p files? I don't care how it works, just have about 40 songs on my gf's computer I want to get un-protected. I've been searching without much luck and am completely burnt out. So many fake reviews and just too confusing for me so I will admit I did not search in this section for an answer.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I've checked most of those out. A lot of them come with fake reviews and are only talked about on their own websites. Having a helluva time finding something people on a forum talk about using rather than bogus reviews with shady comments. I'll check them out again, appreciate the links.

#5 ·
another easy way to do it is if she bought the music on iTunes burn onto an audio cd, then rip that cd
you'll be in the clear then.

if you use Mac OSX try Handbrake,
if you use Windows sorry i dont have any clue...haha. Rarely do I use my windows partition on my macbook
you can possible see if VLC has any conversion settings. Ik thats multi platform freeware.

Honestly if its DRM, im assuming she already paid for the licensed copy, so just torrent a lossless quality of it? Wouldn't be any different if you purchased a hard copy and ripped it yourself.

#6 ·
another easy way to do it is if she bought the music on iTunes burn onto an audio cd, then rip that cd
you'll be in the clear then.

if you use Mac OSX try Handbrake,
if you use Windows sorry i dont have any clue...haha. Rarely do I use my windows partition on my macbook
you can possible see if VLC has any conversion settings. Ik thats multi platform freeware.

Honestly if its DRM, im assuming she already paid for the licensed copy, so just torrent a lossless quality of it? Wouldn't be any different if you purchased a hard copy and ripped it yourself.
Yeah, I was trying to avoid making a CD. I used something to burn a virtual CD than removed the DRM but it seems to only do 3 minutes of the song now for the trial version which makes it worthless. I am way behind the times when it comes to torrent so I have nowhere to begin on getting on something like that. Thanks for the tips!

#7 ·
The reason converting mp3 to wav and then back to mp3 is not popular is because you get loss of quality by doing that. In essence, you're converting a compressed format to uncompressed format and then compressing it again. If you're still wanting to go that route, I'm sure there are ways to do it.

It might help if you specified whether you use a Mac or PC so we can narrow down the search.

#8 ·
Honestly for ease and saving time just torrent a new copy of it, plus you can get the the highest quality in the format needed fairly easy... I'll pm you all the links and directions.

But do give us your OS and we can help you get specific programs for future reference

#10 ·
I've been in your shoes. All the programs I found were expensive and you couldnt find anything but fake reviews. Plus, I worried about the possibilites of malicious code in these programs since they tended to come from less than reputable developers. In the end, I just burned CD's and reriped them. Not ideal, but much cheaper and with less hassels for the amount I was doing (15 albums or so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.