Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STOP! These are not Acid! A very good cigar for the price. You can pick up a box for about 25$ (About 1$ a cigar) Decent construction about what you would expect from drew but, thick smoke and great flavor ALL TABACCO! I will be buying a box of these as soon as pay day hits. Reccomend to any one thats not on a big budget!

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Re: Drew Estate La Vieja Habana

688sonarmen said:
STOP! These are not Acid! A very good cigar for the price. You can pick up a box for about 25$ (About 1$ a cigar) Decent construction about what you would expect from drew but, thick smoke and great flavor ALL TABACCO! I will be buying a box of these as soon as pay day hits. Reccomend to any one thats not on a big budget!
Where are you getting boxes of these for $25, if you don't mind my asking....

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thompson cigar. Saw them in a magizine my dad had. These are the regular not early years or leather patch.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

Drat - I have had a hankering for a box of the LVH EY silencios ever since TxMatt sent me one. Excellent small smoke. I need more... more I tell you!

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts

SeanGAR said:
Where are you getting boxes of these for $25, if you don't mind my asking....
I think he is talking about the LvH "Blue Box"/Fumas and not the Early Years series, $25 is a pretty standard price. They are a good cigar at a good price unfortunately they aren't as good as The Early Years.

These are good to alternate with La Finca and Flor De Oliva as a best bet $1 cigar (at regular prices).

-Matt-

·
Registered
42 Posts

I bought a box of the LVH Cedar Chateau #3's, I was not very impressed with them, to me they are totally one dimensional and just did not have that good of a flavor to them. The best thing about them was the packaging, the box is crammed full of scrap tobacco and is a nice presentation. I will smoke them but there are many no-name bundles or seconds out there that are better smokes JMHO, YMMV.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I got a box of la vieja habana (Blue) on cigar bid for 25$. And a box of leather patch for 31$. Even though I'm still waiting on a shipment that was sent last week I hope the get here soon. They are good cheap smokes to mow the grass with or other yard work. Very good for the price.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

LVH Cedar Chateau #3's are what I've been smoking lately as a regular, though I'll agree with what was said above about not being very dimensional. I do enjoy them and I get them for $2 a pop.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts

I actually was gifted an Early Years Silencio by Klugs on the Cremosa/Tamboril face off, and took another one in the Big Pass....loved them, but now it looks like Drew Estates has stopped making them in this size....CRAP!!

·
Registered
58 Posts

i believe the regular line of LVH are all mixed filler cigars...which should help to explain the low price point. i have heard some good things about them....but am not a big fan of short or mixed filler sticks so i have stayed away from the line.

i like the early years....have a box of festibol de moroc's.....did not like the first one i tried ott....but after letting them age for a few months i am really enjoying them now.

looking forward to trying leather patch...have not had the opportunity yet. :w

·
Registered
506 Posts

huh i never thought that drew estates would put out anything worth smoking, but i'm gonna buy a sampler on CI and some of those come in it. i wasn't expecting to enjoy them, i was just getting the thing for all the other smokes inside, but now i'm looking forword to trying some out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.