Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One Tuesday I had my first Acid Cigar.

It was the Acid One. This was a little pyramid shaped cigar with a curly head on top.

It sort of smelled like Chamomile Tea with a hint of musk. It was a soothing smell. Sort of the smell you like on a cold winter night when you feel under the weather. So I used the House cutter at the Leaf and Bean and clipped the end off this neat looking little cigar. The Prelight draw was amazing and the prelight flavor was like i was at a flavored oxygen bar and had the chamomile musk flavored oxygen.

So I couldn't wait to light this baby. Since the experience was so good already. I thought I would use the house matches to light this guy. So I sparked a match and let the sulfer burn off. Then I toasted the foot and then began to puff this little guy. One match to light his cigar. I am getting good I thought.

The Flavor of this cigar surprsed me. It was genuine tobacoo flavor with a little sweetness to the wrapper and just a few hints of the prelight flavor.

The Cigar had a nice volume of smoke and smooth. THis cigar was smooth as can be not a hint of harshness. I would definitely buy this cigar again.

In saying all of the accolades of this cigar. I would say this is not a cigar for the regular retation. I would smoke this on occation to break the manotiny(SP?) of the same old same old.

I give this a 4.5 out of 5 stars. Good cigar.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Re: Drew Estate Acid One

Good review...I think, overall, Drew Estate cigars are usually of good quality. The Acid line is always nice when you want something different, and it is usually a "Crowd Pleaser." Now I should go pick one up....:)

Brett

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

Kudos to you kamikaiguy,

I find that a lot of cigar smokers snub the Drew Estate lines because of the exotic tobaccos and essence infusions, but I'm glad to find another LLG who actually liked one he tried.

I can't claim I like the Acid line vs. some of the other Drew Estates (Natural is among my favorite lines), but of all the Acids (most I didn't like), I like the Acid One the most -- almost contemplated getting a box.

My experience with this cigar runs pretty similar to what you posted. A pretty decent smoke overall.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Maybe I'll give Drew another chance. I was at Liberty Tabacco yesterday and on a whim, bought a Kahlua. I smoked about 1/2 an inch and had to throw it away. Man was that nasty. :pu That's the first and last flavored cigar I try!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts

I've never been able to get past the smell of these cigars to smoke one. Maybe I'll break down and give this one a try. Good review by the way.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

The Acid One, unlike the rest of the Acid line, has less flavorings infused in it, that maybe why I liked it more than other Acids I've tried.

Anyone's interested to know more about flavoring infused cigars should think about asking kellydontwanttasleep . I understand that she works with the Lars Tetans people.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Mo I haven't Tried the Natural's Yet. I am going down to the Leaf and Bean probably Monday or Tuesday next week. I am going to try the Natural Line not sure which ones they have.

I agree about the other Acid. I smelled them and the only one I thought smelled good was the Acid One. THe others were kind of nasty smelling.

Goat Licker -- The Acid Line is nothing like the Kahlua line. The Kahlua are terrible.

Don Jefe. It think thay are worth a try. If you don't like them chaulk it up to a learning experience. Like I said i don't think they would be an every day smoke for me but every once in a while, I think it would be good.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

Some of my favorites are:

Juicy Lucy
Dirt
Clean Robusto
Root Green Hero (if you're in the mood for mild)
Mixed Elements
Elixir 5-50

Didn't care for the "Bamboo Line". :)

·
Registered
189 Posts

Mo...I agree on your Natural choices. The Natural line is very good in my opinon. Not your run of the mill smoke, but still very pleasing in its own way. I have always been happy with the construction, burn, and overall experience. In fact, we might be having a Drew Estate tasting at the shop I go to, and I think I will stock up on a few Naturals. Now just hoping I have one in there so I can have it when I get home from work....:)

Brett

·
Registered
239 Posts

I've tried several of the Naturals line and, though none of them were dog rockets, most of them have too much of an "Earthy" taste for me. Kinda what I imagine smoking topsoil would taste like.

I do like the White Rabbit and especially the Blackout. The Blackout, a 6x60 double maduro perfecto, is medium-bodied and has a very well-balanced spiciness. I always keep a few on hand for when I want something different.

As to the Acid line- Most of them were way over-the-top with the aromatics. I liked that Atom Maduro while smoking it, but the taste stayed in my mouth and especially on my lips the rest of the day- even affecting the taste of my dinner. Don't think I'll be trying any more Acid's.

I do have to say that I like what Johnathan Drew is doing with cigars- breaking out of the conventional and offering tobaccos and tastes that would otherwise be unknown to the majority of LOTL's.

-Quixote

·
Registered
61 Posts

MoTheMan said:
The Acid One, unlike the rest of the Acid line, has less flavorings infused in it, that maybe why I liked it more than other Acids I've tried.

Anyone's interested to know more about flavoring infused cigars should think about asking kellydontwanttasleep . I understand that she works with the Lars Tetans people.
i wish i worked at Lars' place. i just work for sk8nsmoke , great job but i don't know any of those secrets. i love the job because i can smoke at work and the job dosen't feel like a job. the cool part is when i got promoted to a manager and they gave me back stage passes to concerts, nice :D

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

GOAT LOCKER said:
Maybe I'll give Drew another chance. I was at Liberty Tabacco yesterday and on a whim, bought a Kahlua. I smoked about 1/2 an inch and had to throw it away. Man was that nasty. :pu That's the first and last flavored cigar I try!
Of the Kahlua's that I've tried, I liked the Cigarillos (not the tins) the most. They make a great after dinner aperetif/smoke, and luckily they're small so you don't have to smoke 'em for too long (or if you want to you can smoke two, which I've also done before). :)

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

kellydontwanttasleep said:
i wish i worked at Lars' place. i just work for sk8nsmoke , great job but i don't know any of those secrets. i love the job because i can smoke at work and the job dosen't feel like a job. the cool part is when i got promoted to a manager and they gave me back stage passes to concerts, nice :D
It's great to have a job you like, and a cool one at that. AND BACK STAGE PASSES TOO!!?!! Whoa!! :D

·
Registered
672 Posts

MoTheMan said:
Some of my favorites are:

Juicy Lucy
Dirt
Clean Robusto
Root Green Hero (if you're in the mood for mild)
Mixed Elements
Elixir 5-50

Didn't care for the "Bamboo Line". :)
I might just be writing a review of the 2 first ones there... ;)

·
Registered
672 Posts

kellydontwanttasleep said:
I thought it was some swedish stuff. Lars is a very common name in Sweden (Denmark).

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

kamikaiguy said:
Goat Licker --
QUOTE]

Goat Licker?! :fu Why I oughtta... :r Good one kamikaigayguy :D

GOAT LOCKER, It's a Navy thing...

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

OMG!!!!! I am sorry I didn't even realize that I did that......

I guess you could say that it was a freudian Slip....

I didn't even realize I type an i instead of the o. I appologize....

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Goat Li..... I mean Locker check your RIng guage. We got a laugh at your expense. YOu diserve the kick (no goat pun intended).....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

kamikaiguy said:
OMG!!!!! I am sorry I didn't even realize that I did that......

I guess you could say that it was a freudian Slip....

I didn't even realize I type an i instead of the o. I appologize....
Hey, no worries. I got thick skin. :rolleyes: I didn't notice 'till ERdM pointed it out, then I just about sprayed beer on the keyboard laughing. Besides, I've been called worse. Well, maybe not.

goat lOcker

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.