Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
The best there is, period!

I have a Opus X Ligne II (double flame) and a X-tend (torch).

I have never been happier with a lighter. They are for the most part flawless.

I've had my fair share of Prometheus (sp?) and Colibri lighters, and had to overhaul them twice a month just to keep them working. My new X-tend is great, it has it's own little door that covers the jet opening when not in use. It opens automatically upon lighting. Does a great job of keeping dirt and debris out as well. I have not had to futz with it since I bought it, dropped it 20 some odd times and it still fires up on the first shot. It holds a lot of fluid too for such a small lighter.

My Ligne II sits proudly on display since my wife won't let me out of the house with it anymore. Last time I took it out, I got a little tipsy and dropped it. It took a lickin' and it's still flipin' flickin'.

Knockoff's- I'll sum it up for you. You get what you pay for!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Actually Jack, he's referring to a knock-off called Dopont. They look very similar, but of course the quality won't be the same. They run about 30 bucks or so. I have to admit, from the pictures, they look pretty similar to the actual Dupont I have worth 20 times the amount. Being that the Dopont is a flint and butane, I wouldn't expect any problems with it. Since I've already put one dent in my Dupont, I think a Dopont might be a good idea. LOL Heck, for the price, I may just get one and find out :w

1 - 5 of 5 Posts