Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What started out as a simple online search for a Christmas gift has led me down a path that one can only describe as doomed! My son, who lives out of state, often brings cigars with him when he comes into town. Not being an expert, I decided to do some research and just get the basics. He once mentioned that he wanted a nice humidor so I decide that is what I would get him for Christmas this year. I found a very nice one at Thompson’s and ordered it last week. They also had a deal on a nice sampler of their house brands and a basic humidor for 29 bucks, so I ordered that for me. Figured I could try the knock off brands and that would be just fine for me.

Well one week later the new humidor shows up, everything shipped and arrived just as described and in great condition (based on what I have now read here and other places I guess I am lucky). I discovered the dark side a few nights ago and so far I have won half a dozen auctions and have another dozen or so that I am still in the hunt. The 25 cigar humidor I bought is not even seasoned yet and I need one 4 times it size.

Great site you guys have here and I look forward to the many hours I have ahead going thru all the info here.

Chas

· Registered
293 Posts
Yeah I know the feeling, it started the opposite for me. My dad would bring ciagrs to the lake to smoke around the camp fire (Indian Lake Ohio). So i got him a humidore last Xmas, and then the fit hit the shan, i realised having quality smokes at my disposal (when at his house) was un real, then i bought my own humi, a 50 count, thats PLENTY big for a noob right?!!?? Yeah ti is maxed the hell out... cbid is gonna kill me cause i CANNOT bid cause i DONT HAVE ROOM!!!?!?!

· I am not a fish!
4,487 Posts
Yeah I know the feeling, it started the opposite for me. My dad would bring ciagrs to the lake to smoke around the camp fire (Indian Lake Ohio). So i got him a humidore last Xmas, and then the fit hit the shan, i realised having quality smokes at my disposal (when at his house) was un real, then i bought my own humi, a 50 count, thats PLENTY big for a noob right?!!?? Yeah ti is maxed the hell out... cbid is gonna kill me cause i CANNOT bid cause i DONT HAVE ROOM!!!?!?!
THAT IS WHY YOU NEED A COOLERDOR and BEADS. :tu

· Registered
1,996 Posts
Doomed in Ohio? Isn't that redundant?! j/k:ss

Welcome to the slippery slopes of your life!
Pull up an ashtray & enjoy.

· Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome. We have a very nice contingent in Ohio. Where in Ohio are you? :ss
About an hour south of Cleveland.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

First weeks take on the dark side:

Title: Gurkha Legend '8 Years Aged' Churchill - 5-Pack
Qty: 1 - Price: $19.00

Title: Gurkha Class Regent Churchill (10 Cigars)
Qty: 1 - Price: $22.00

Title: Rocky Patel 'OSG' Petite Corona - 5-Pack
Qty: 1 - Price: $11.00

Title: Vintage by Rocky Patel 1992 Churchill - 5-Pack
Qty: 2 - Price: $11.00

Title: Vintage by Rocky Patel 1990 Churchill - 5-Pack
Qty: 1 - Price: $13.00

Title: Fonseca Habana Seleccion & Cu-Avana Mega-Sampler - 20 Cigars
Qty: 1 - Price: $22.00

Title: Padilla Hybrid Robusto - 5-Pack
Qty: 1 - Price: $9.00

Title: Cremosa Cubana Corona (25 Cigars)
Qty: 1 - Price: $13.00

Sub-total: $131.00
Shipping: $10.50
Total Charges: $141.50

Think I will stay away from there for a while.... Yea right !!

I am going to use the Gurkhas and the Rocky Patels to make my own assorted 5 packs as Christmas gifts for some friends and stick some of the others in my son's new humidor. Keep the box of 25 for me for work smokes and let the rest sit a few months.

Chas

· Registered
4,005 Posts
wElcOmE 2 dA jUnglE... :tu

enjoy the ride, knowledge, generosity, and the many clouds of smoke... :ss

PLEASE READ THE STICKIES... :D

please please please dont feed my lions... :hn

shhhhh they are sleeping...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.