Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cigar Nazi story for you...

Friday night I'm out enjoying a VR Familiar with some friends at a cigar friendly bar in Richmond. I am getting a drink at the bar enjoying my cigar and buzzed from the double jack and gingers when the barback comes up and he says to me "I don't mean to be a d!ck, but you have to go somewhere else with that cigar....it [email protected]$#@ stinks" Those two words in bold pissed me off! :c

So I politely say "I thought you guys were cigar friendly?

His response "We are, but I'm allergic and my eyes get all puffy and I just don't like them"

So I say "Ok well, I don't mean to be a d!ck, but...I am getting a drink and will be here for probably 2 minutes. I'm hanging out over there (pointing in the general direction, far away from the bar, where me and my friends are hanging out) so while I'm here at the bar, why don't you go down there, at the other end of the bar, do your work and wait for me to leave"

He apologized and that was that. Said he didn't mean to be a d!ck....but he was. I definetly got the point across to him. I don't think I was very polite when I told him to do his work at the other end of the bar. The female bartender looked embarrassed and gave me a funny look. I didn't care, I thought it was kinda funny.

I hate it when people say they don't mean to be rude and then act like a total jerk off. I mean, if you are allergic to cigar smoke, don't work a cigar friendly bar! :fu

I got my drink and didn't get a complaint from anyone else the whole time. I have learned by now this kind of thing just comes with the territory.

Oh....and the VR Familiar was good. Classic VR flavor profile, not as complex as the Famoso, but still good.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
That really sucks man :c I had a mini herf yesterday, 5 guys smoking and drinking at a nice resturaunt with cigar bar. This is the 2nd time I have had a herf there, when we were done and leaving the owner shook all our hands and thanked us! !!!

joe

·
Registered
978 Posts
1f1fan said:
Cigar Nazi story for you...

I hate it when people say they don't mean to be rude and then act like a total jerk off. I mean, if you are allergic to cigar smoke, don't work a cigar friendly bar! :fu
If they say "i don't mean to be rude ..." garuanteed, they know they are.

And your second point is spot on! It's like all these morons who work in a bar and complain about the cigarette smoke. Well, DUH!!

_____
rm

·
Registered
672 Posts
The same thing happend to me. The guy says he is allergic to cigarsmoke... I reacted calmly and didnt get upset... I just asked him in a very polite manner if he also was allergic to gunsmoke... And he got confused and said:"I guess not!". "Good!", and then I shot him with my 46 Magnum... And now the punch-line: I cant stand blood, I get dizzy and feel like fainting when I see to much of it...

Seriously... :) If you are afraid of flying - dont work as a pilot... If you believe in animal rights - dont be a butcher... if you are allergic to cigarsmoke - dont work in a cigar-bar...

just my 0.2$...

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
El Rey del Mundo said:
The same thing happend to me. The guy says he is allergic to cigarsmoke... I reacted calmly and didnt get upset... I just asked him in a very polite manner if he also was allergic to gunsmoke...
Thats a good one!! Had me laughing out loud with that one....

:r

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
El Rey del Mundo said:
The same thing happend to me. The guy says he is allergic to cigarsmoke... I reacted calmly and didnt get upset... I just asked him in a very polite manner if he also was allergic to gunsmoke... And he got confused and said:"I guess not!". "Good!", and then I shot him with my 46 Magnum... And now the punch-line: I cant stand blood, I get dizzy and feel like fainting when I see to much of it...

Seriously... :) If you are afraid of flying - dont work as a pilot... If you believe in animal rights - dont be a butcher... if you are allergic to cigarsmoke - dont work in a cigar-bar...
Rey,
Love your anecdotes buddy. Giving you some ring gauge for those brother. :gn

mr.c said:
That really sucks man :c I had a mini herf yesterday, 5 guys smoking and drinking at a nice resturaunt with cigar bar. This is the 2nd time I have had a herf there, when we were done and leaving the owner shook all our hands and thanked us! !!!

joe
YEAH!! Now that's the way good cigar smoking should be. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.