Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy that works in a local business where I trade gave me a cigar. He told me that a buddy he has from the military gave it to him & he doesn't smoke cigars, so thought it would have a better home with me.

It is a Don Miguel. It is packed in a baby blue tubo & says La Romana on the cap, so is from the DR. It has a crest on the tube, but my middle aged eyes can't make out the latin inscription. It also says Don Miguel between two lavendar lines with gold tobacco leaves above & below. It also says Don Miguel, horizontally, in large gold letters along the side of the tube.
The cigar is packed with a cedar sleeve. It is approximately 6x43. The wrapper is Connecticut shade. The construction is solid. The band is brown & has crossed palm trees below the name. The band is styled like a Montecristo.

Anyone know anything about this brand?

I'll give it a while in the humidor & smoke it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Have not seen these around for quite awhile, used to see them when I travelel to Germany. I believe they were made by Evelio Oviedo who later joined with Nestor Plascencia.

Never smoked one so can't help much with that.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well here's to reviving an old thread. My wife got me one of these when she went to the DR for a long weekend with one of her college roomates. I think she was lured by the pretty blue tube. I'm mostly a pipe smoker so I'm no aficionado but it seemed like a pretty ordinary, mild, bland smoke to me. I used the ash to make pipe mud for one of my cobs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.