Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent this past weekend in St. Pete's, FL. Visited a local liquor shop with a walk-in humi. There I saw yellow banded Cohiba bundles made in the DR. The bands were much like the CC Cohibas and they looked cheap. I don't recall these as being an Altadis product. Does anyone know the inside story about these?

Jorge

· Can walk again.
9,093 Posts
They are fakes of the fakes(red-dot). It's a trademark infringement. All these cigars were ordered to be pulled from sale and destroyed. General Cigar, the owners of the Cohiba brand, won a lawsuit against these folks not too long ago.

I have had a few good ones and even more bad ones. I think I still have some in the bottom of a humidor somewhere.

· Ligero Lama of Lincoln
567 Posts
I've smoked a couple of these, and they're okay. They taste a lot like the Cusano CC bundle cigar, mostly, but the flavors also reminded me of a real El Rey del Mundo choix supreme. Just nowhere near as smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.