Cigar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UPS man keeps playing Ding Dong Blow My Face Off with me :mad: He rang my doorbell on Thursday night and when I got to the door, he was long gone but a 10 lb. bomb was sitting on my doorstep!

Mark C saw my post about not being able to purchase delicious Dogfish Head beer in my part of the country and took it upon himself to act as the company's Kansas City area distributer! (I had no idea that I would be one of the victims of this post http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=150522)

He sent 2 bottles each of Shelter Pale Ale, 90 Minute Imperial IPA, and 60 Minute IPA . . . along with some great cigars!

Mark, this week was one of the longest and toughest weeks at work that I've ever had and this bomb really helped lift my spirits! I can't wait to try the Shelter Pale Ale and I will savor the 60 and 90 Minute IPAs like they were elixir from heaven.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice hit. :)
What's up with this 60 minute, 90 minute ale?
I'm completely out of the loop.
60 Minute IPA is Dogfish Head's single IPA. It's nice and hoppy like an IPA should be.

90 Minute Imperial IPA is Dogfish Head's double IPA. It's very hoppy as well but the hops are balanced with a lot of malts which give it a sweeter flavor with some almost fruity notes. It also has a high ABV%. This double IPA is unique as it's not that far from a barleywine in the flavor department.

If you like beer, especially IPAs, you owe it to yourself to try these great beers from Dogfish Head!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Glad I could help you out after a tough week, I know how that goes. Hope the weekend made it all right! I'm still ticked I couldn't find the 120-min, next time I walk past that bottle on a shelf you're in trouble!

Nice hit. :)
What's up with this 60 minute, 90 minute ale?
I'm completely out of the loop.
The 60 min is dry-hopped for 60 min during the brew process. The 90 min gets the same treatment for 90 min, and the 120 min, well, you get the idea. If you like the hop flavor, try and find Dogfish Head at a beer festival. They've got a system called 'Randall the Enamel Animal' that's essentially a tube filled with hops connected to a keg of 90 min IPA. Adds a little extra kick to the beer. Sounds like someone's asking for a lesson on dogfish head beer ;) [should be available near you, it's brewed in DE, let me know if you can't find it]

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Mark, your have soem great bombs floating around, outstanding job!

·
Registered
137 Posts
You're in for a treat, good sir.

Dogfish Head is a great brew, all the way down to the Punkin ale.

·
Registered
988 Posts
You're in for a treat, good sir.

Dogfish Head is a great brew, all the way down to the Punkin ale.
Punkin Ale is good, but I like Post Road Pumpkin Ale better.

DFH makes a nice Chicory Stout. I know they like their chicory coffee down in LA, may have to send some of that next time it's available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts