Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new here but not to the vintage lighter scene. I have acquired this Givenchy lighter but can find absolutely no information online about it. It is a flip top, roller activated, flint ignited butane lighter. Marking on the bottom reads “2400”. Some people on Reddit seem to believe it may be a branded Colibri made for Givenchy. I have searched and searched and have been unable to unearth any information regarding it. Does anyone recognize this lighter or the pattern on the bottom?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,337 Posts
Indeed they do. However I am not sure that has much to do with the question I posed above
I believe what @Rondo is trying to say is that his world-renowned expertise in Givenchy lighters comes at a price. If I recall correctly the retainer is $500, with billable hour rate of $250 and a 2-hour minimum. But worth every penny.

·
Smoking Volunteer
4,765 Posts
I have several vintage lighters. Mostly Dunhill and ST DuPont. I'm not familiar with this brand, but the lighter looks like a cheap knockoff. The flaking gold colored stuff is a giveaway. Not something that you would find in a quality lighter.

If you're interested in selling it, probably somebody will give you a couple bucks for it on eBay.

Of course my opinion is free, and worth every penny. For real expertise, you have to pay Ron the big money

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This one's on the house.

View attachment 262022
Yep that's me. Sorry if I didn't understand above. Just trying to figure out some things about this piece. Seems to me it needs a fuel line cleaning but idk how to take it apart and it's hard to figure out without knowing the model. Sorry if I went about this the wrong way

·
One of the a-holes
6,307 Posts
It’s all good, Brother.
I’ve been down the same road.
If you’re looking for a good dependable daily lighter, there are a few threads here with solid recommendations.
If you’re doing it for investment purposes, my opinion is steer clear of that auction site. I have several high end lighters sitting in their original boxes waiting for me to die so they can actually serve their purpose.
Welcome to Puff.
+RG for not melting down and handling the ball busting like a man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right on. I have a nice S T DuPont but I would still like to get this guy working. I think there’s a chance. Gonna try to clear the fuel line and if that doesn’t work I’ll just have it as something cool and old looking. And cheers where would we be if we can’t take some ribbing every now and again

·
Smoking Volunteer
4,765 Posts
Right on. I have a nice S T DuPont but I would still like to get this guy working. I think there's a chance. Gonna try to clear the fuel line and if that doesn't work I'll just have it as something cool and old looking. And cheers where would we be if we can't take some ribbing every now and again
Usually it is the rubber gaskets that need replacement. They break down if the lighter isn't in regular use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got ya. I think that could be the case or perhaps a fuel line blockage because the lighter does not leak. There is this screw on the bottom. I suspect it is for tear down purposes but I can't for the life of me figure out how to tear it down when the screw has been removed. Any ideas? Pic of bottom attached. That center screw is the one I'm talking about.
Gotcha

Usually it is the rubber gaskets that need replacement. They break down if the lighter isn't in regular use.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

·
Trust Me, I'm Not Lion
2,997 Posts
Got ya. I think that could be the case or perhaps a fuel line blockage because the lighter does not leak. There is this screw on the bottom. I suspect it is for tear down purposes but I can't for the life of me figure out how to tear it down when the screw has been removed. Any ideas? Pic of bottom attached. That center screw is the one I'm talking about.
Gotcha

Usually it is the rubber gaskets that need replacement. They break down if the lighter isn't in regular use.
[/QUOTE]

Usually you take out the screw, then if you open the lighter, the inside workings (tank, flint, etc) pop outside of the outer case (what you see when lighter is closed) if you pull it from the top. Not positive this specific lighter, but that's exactly how the Ronson Jetlite works

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scratch the last two posts. I got it all apart, cleared the fuel line and disassembled the fuel intake valve. It had gunk in there too that I cleared out and now fuel is feeding to the lighter but of course now the fuel is also not staying within the lighter. Maybe I didn’t tighten the valves enough.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Just for some info, Givenchy is a French high end perfume and fashion house owned by Louis Vuitton, ill bet that lighter was a pretty penny when new if its a real one

Edit, after a quick search seems the model is called Briquettes and it should be Silver with a Gold plating

1 - 20 of 23 Posts