Cigar Forums banner

Do you have a private locker? And Why?

• Nope.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For the convenience.

• I don't want to buy a humidor.

• Hiding my smokes from the Missus/Mister. (Look at me being all inclusive here!)

• Other. (Feel free to discuss!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Squid® does not go in for the "Exclusivity Factor"... Even places where I have a membership, I prefer to hang with the rest of the crowd, rather than breathe the refined air of a Club...
I think I could be suckered into it (depending on the price and what else comes with the "club"), but the places I visit the most don't do it. And since I do most of my smoking at home, it's not that practical. I just bring a caddy to a herf.

The hide-it-from-the-spouse factor is appealing though, as I'm always either in a cigar purchase embargo situation or getting close to being in one. :lol:

· Osirus' Missing Member
321 Posts
I have around 200+ sticks both loose and in boxes that are in a locker at the club. The club is where I do most of my smoking so it's easier to store my smokes there. I just purchased a 100 count Manning humidor where I'll keep the good stuff at home away from where I smoke basically saving me from myself.

· Registered
174 Posts
I have a locker at my local lounge, for a number of reasons.

1. It is cheap, only $306 a year.
2. living in NY it is cold out in the winter and I don't smoke in the house
3. When ever I'm passing by I can stop in and have a smoke and I have a nice selection of quality smokes.
4. It is pretty cool, and I have the perfect locker. (right at eye level)
5. I can smoke my own cigars that I buy from online sites and not feel guilty about not buying from their humidor.

· prodigal son.
2,526 Posts
I keep my smokes in a locker for a few reasons too:

1 - I generally only smoke at my B&M since it's so cold out right now
2 - It's about 300 a year and I'm sharing the locker with a friend... 150/person is a great deal
3 - I am too poor to buy smokes EVERY time I go in to the shop so I can buy online and not feel bad
4 - If I get caught with cigars at my college i'm in trouble... I keep a few on hand but most of my stash is in the locker.

· Registered
782 Posts
my locker is FREE....I dont have to purchase every month, however I do have to purchase or drop a "gratuity" in the jar if I smoke in the lounge.

· Registered
1,551 Posts
I keep my smokes in a locker for a few reasons too:

1 - I generally only smoke at my B&M since it's so cold out right now
2 - It's about 300 a year and I'm sharing the locker with a friend... 150/person is a great deal
3 - I am too poor to buy smokes EVERY time I go in to the shop so I can buy online and not feel bad
4 - If I get caught with cigars at my college i'm in trouble... I keep a few on hand but most of my stash is in the locker.
what college do you go to that makes a problem about cigars? you can't smoke them, or you can't possess them?

· Registered
412 Posts
I actually have two lockers in two different shops in countries I try to visit often. It helps me by not having to take a large amount a smokes with me and dealing with local customs agents. Both of the shops are upscale but charge very reasonable rental fees and one of them restocks from my list after my visits.

· Registered
545 Posts
I only keep a locker in a place that I need the storage. I keep all my own stuff at home in England but when I visit another place for a long period of time I need to store the stash in good conditions. Plastic bags can only do so much so I have occasionally done a short term rental of a locker. Recently I did it in MN, USA. Right now I'm in India and can't find a place to store my cigars. In fact, I'm having humidity issues so tupperware is accumulating.
C

Oh and by the way - unfortunately all my assets are tied up in cigars so I can't afford to keep lockers all around. That's probably another big reason.

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what college do you go to that makes a problem about cigars? you can't smoke them, or you can't possess them?
I was wondering the same thing... Must be part of the influx of growing smoke-free public spaces. I never smoked on my college campus (I saved it for the growing number of cigar bars at the time and the beach), but as I recall, you could, at least outside. But then, sadly, that's ancient history.

· Registered
59 Posts
I only keep a locker in a place that I need the storage. I keep all my own stuff at home in England but when I visit another place for a long period of time I need to store the stash in good conditions. Plastic bags can only do so much so I have occasionally done a short term rental of a locker. Recently I did it in MN, USA. Right now I'm in India and can't find a place to store my cigars. In fact, I'm having humidity issues so tupperware is accumulating.
C

Oh and by the way - unfortunately all my assets are tied up in cigars so I can't afford to keep lockers all around. That's probably another big reason.
Hi Colin,

Heavy s... smoking in India ehh pal, been there, done that...great posting!

· Registered
545 Posts
check out "college cigar smoking" thread

I was wondering the same thing... Must be part of the influx of growing smoke-free public spaces. I never smoked on my college campus (I saved it for the growing number of cigar bars at the time and the beach), but as I recall, you could, at least outside. But then, sadly, that's ancient history.
Hey I just started a thread on college smoking. Have a look at it in cigar talk. I think I called it "college cigar smoking"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.