Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I am not the only person who has a hidden humidor somewhere or a private storage humi at your local brick-n-mortor. Since my wife is slowly becoming a cigar aficionado herself, I really dont have to hide too many of my purchases, but those special high $$$$ secret purchases need a home as well. During the last couple of months I maxed out the box/cabinet storage in "BabyHumi" so I had to inquire at my local cigar hang-out for some storage space in the private lounge.

Attachments

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
I used to be a little sly about some of my purchases, but now that I have a new humidor I put them all in there. My wife dosn't know how many have been in there and which ones are new.

·
-
11,412 Posts
unfortunately for me, my wife is always home when the shipments come in. :confused:

so, i dont' have any "hidding" ability. hell, i still hear, "do you know he paid $800 for a box of cigars?" she always says that to one of my family members... so i have to go on the defensive quickly, with, "it was 4 boxes of cigars, split with 3 other guys. they were on sale, and i don't want to get into how much money in 'baskets' we have laying around the house doing nothing." talking about all her longaberger baskets... :rolleyes: hate those things... a kid in drug rehab can do the same work, just not charge you $100+ for a wicker basket...

---

edit - also, there is not a local shop close enough with boxes for me to use, and i'm not home enough to justify one anyway.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Nope! The humi's are all out in the open. Now I do have a hidden stash of money to buy the cigars with. Does that count? :r

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MocoBird said:
Nope! The humi's are all out in the open. Now I do have a hidden stash of money to buy the cigars with. Does that count? :r
You either hide the funds or the evidence.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
MocoBird said:
:r Thats me too! no hidden boxes of cigars, just hidden money for more boxes of cigars! :r

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Nope. When you've got as many as I do....hiding a few is kinda pointless. She has no idea what I spend on em though. She still thinks that I pay an average of $2 a smoke.

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
I've got a cabinet humidor with a glass top section. The best hiding place is in plain sight. The wife looks at it as the natural constraint on my purchases. A hidden credit card and a good buddy to take deliveries is the best way to hide whats important. As Kasashat noted they have no idea what they cost unless you tell em.

·
Registered
130 Posts
None are truly hidden...I just don't make announcements when I get another humidor...It's a little joke with us...when I see her with a new shirt or shoes..I say..I can't beleive you wearing those old shoes....because I used to ask...Oh you got some new shoes ? her reply is always ...no I had these old shoes awhile, these are old shoes :) So if she ask, my reply is...That old thing, I've had it quite awhile :r :r

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
Oh yeah I should add that she knows where the Glock is and the combination.one of these days I'm gonna change the combination.
just to dang lazy

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I've never had to hide any smokes from the wife.....I just forget to tell her. She never looks in my cooler or humi so I'm pretty save. I do have to keep a little stash of funds for those special purchases though.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
LOL!!! No, I know exactly where they are. But, keeping them far away keeps me from smoking them before they are ready to be smoked. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.