Cigar Forums banner

Do you grow tolerant?

Tags
grow tolerant
2K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Franksmith 
#1 ·
Well, I just got in from smoking a Rocky Patel and...I hate to admit this, but I threw up about 30 minutes later...could it be cause I went to the Chinese buffet tonight? I just need to know because this recent up chuck was worse than when I was drunk! Just wondering, hope you guys can help...

Mackey

:pu

#2 ·
Maybe Rockys are not your cup of tea?

I have gotten quite lightheaded from a couple smokes the last couple months of experimenting, most notably from the Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion. Didn't throw up or anything, but had to sit quietly for the better part of an hour before I felt like moving....I think as we get more into this, our tolerance will likely increase, especially if we find our tastes more towards the full bodied smokes. Hang in there Kid!

#3 ·
yes, you do become more nicotine tolerant.
example: me, i was a wuss early on. i couldn't finish a BBF if i tried on a full stomach... now, not a problem. i've heard how strong those JDN Antono's are reported to be, smoked a big fat one on an empty stomach, wasn't a problem at all.

#5 ·
I've heard that can happen if you're not ready for a medium or full bodied smoke. Your Pallette for cigars will evolve. Mild cigars are best to begin with. That was the recommendation I got anyway.

Try that purple label. it's extremely mild... And it's been resting since November. Or was it October? hehehe. ahh well. one of those two months.

You should also realize that most of the guys here on CS do smoke the more full-bodied stogies. And while all the recommendations for smokes are fantastic, some may be a bit too strong for someone who has just taken up any kind of smoking at all.

I was able to move into the medium-full-bodied cigars pretty quickly because of my old cig habit.

Then again, it could have been the chinese buffet. heh. Was the meat a bit chewy or stringy? Did you hear any meows or barks coming from the kitchen? hehehehe

#6 ·
yeah you do develop tolerance, I am still a newbie on this, and still developing little by little some tolerance :D, I havent had one that made me throw up but been nearly there with a Party short when i hadnt eatentoo much. But as some wise gorillas I now smoke my cigars with some sprite (unless i am out with my friends then is some beer :D) so the sugar in the sprite helps me on not getting sick onnicotine. This really helps a lot. keep it up Mackey you are notthe only one still developing tolerance ;)

#8 ·
WillyGT said:
I now smoke my cigars with some sprite ... so the sugar in the sprite helps me on not getting sick onnicotine.
That's funny - first time I've seen Sprite mentioned, and I was actually writing a review of a cigar smoked with a sprite that was one of the first times I actually "got it" - nice to see I'm not alone!!

#11 ·
I smoked a pack of Marlboro Lights a day for 10 years and quit last September. I've ben Smoking Cigars (mostly medium to full) since Jan and I haven't gotten sick yet so maybe my Tolerance to Nicotine is still thier However, I smoked a JDNA not too long ago after a nice sized Lunch and I had a buzz for a good Hr and felt a little queezy for an hr after that.

#12 ·
My whooziness rarely lasts more than a few minutes & it is rare that I feel it. Maybe the Skoal has my tolerance built up a lot.

#13 ·
I have never puked from a cigar. And only twice have I felt like I might. You don't inhale do you? Try drinking Sprite or Ginger Ale while you smoke, the suger conteracts the nicotine.

#14 ·
Can you take some pictures of the "upchuck"
was it green, yellow, brown ?

Better yet can you send a sample to Sean to run through the lab.

We need more information and lab speciman. Otherwise were all just guessing :w

#16 ·
miketafc said:
Can you take some pictures of the "upchuck"
was it green, yellow, brown ?

Better yet can you send a sample to Sean to run through the lab.

We need more information and lab speciman. Otherwise were all just guessing :w
yellow, with nice chunks of rice and egg rolls from chinese buffet...the funny thing is I saw someone step in it! hahah I about dropped dead right there...

#17 ·
I remember a night a couple of years ago. Was at a cigar bar in Indianapolis, wasn't drinking a whole lot but I believe I smoked 7 cigars in a 4-5 hour stretch. Mostly Oliva "O" Oasis torpedos (before the Bolds). Didn't get sick but was a little lightheaded walking back to my hotel. :D

The worst feeling I can ever remember from smoking a cigar was a Baccarat Maddie smoked on an empty stomach on a hot summer day in the sun. I'm not sure if it was a bad cigar, the heat, the empty stomach, some stress I was going thru at the time or a combination of these factors but I had to go lie down for about 30 minutes to settle my stomach. :hn

#18 ·
Jeff said:
Never puked from a cigar. However, I have stood up and felt really lightheaded a few times. Then had to sit my butt down before I fell down. ;)
Oh yeah. Haven't had this happen with a cigar yet. But I remember a night a few years back when my buddy and I went to this dive of a bar called gerry's place in New Orleans... We'd had a bad day and must have gone through 5-6 shots of Tequilla and a coupla beers... All the sudden my bladder is telling me I gotta go...

Only when I try to stand up my legs come out from under me and I flop right back down on my seat.. It took 30 minutes before I could stand up, and by then I was sweating bullets. And still I barely negotiated the 20 feet or so to the bathroom.

Talk about being piss drunk...

#21 ·
The lastest Vitolas that gave me major lite head Nico buzz were.

JDN gran consul

Fuentes Opus X Lancero

Fuentes Forbidden X Arturo Sandoval

Fuentes Flor Fina 858 SG

Litto Gomez Diez Cubano

But never vomit, your problem was the recycled buffet's MSG :w

#25 ·
I hadn't had one that made me throw up...But I did have a Boli PC Saturday that flat out Kicked My A$$. I was light headed and all. Felt like I got caught by a spinning heel kick to the back of the head. All in all, it was a great smoke though.... Right down to the half inch nub I smoked it to!!!!!

#26 ·
whiskey and a cigar is a bad combo. i wasted an excalibur 1066 galahad after i had taken about 8 shots of whiskey and a hella lot of beer. before i had the cigar i was doing just fine. i can only remember one time in which i threw up more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.