Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard these called the poor man's Montecristo. I had a #4 tonight which was very young but I'll tell you it was a better smoke than any of the Monte #4's I have had. Maybe it was just on...it definitely wasn't balanced out yet but it was fine none the less. Very creamy and smooth...mmmmm!!!!

Can't go wrong for $5 a stick...unless they were all plugged. :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just recently "found" a half full box of 5's dated 04/01 in the back of my humi and have been really enjoying them. Kinda forgot I had them. Much better now then what I remember. Age has done them well.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I've had 3-4 of these over the past couple weeks and I agree, a great smoke. I don't know what the box code is on these (gifted) but yes a very smooth creamy smoke with a bit of a kick about halfway through.

I would agree that these are better than any of the Monte's i've had which are only the #3 and #5's which coppertop turned me onto.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I much prefer the Diplomaticos to the Montecristo in several sizes, especially the Diplimaticos #2. I live in Japan so I can smoke Cubans, but I'd like to mention the poor man's Diplomaticos: The Camacho Havana Jamastran Figurado. If you lay em down for about 2 months it realy makes a difference. If judged on just flavor alone, I might even prefer the Camacho. I think you can find them for around or maybe even under $4 a stick.

·
LineWalker
213 Posts
I have a box 0f #5's from April 03. They're a solid value smoke. Usually not much more than $110 a box. Unfortunately they're in a size category with some really good smokes, so I think they tend to get overlooked. Maybe not a humidor staple, but a quick, flavorful smoke in my book. I've been thinking about the #2 a lot lately. I've never had one, but I hear good things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts