Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if theres a difference between corncobs in terms of materials used etc. Also whats that white stuff they put on the bottom of the pipe, looks like a glue of some sort, my pipe broke (just when my first tobacco order came in too :( ) and it got me wondering about cob materials. DISCUSS!

· Registered
740 Posts
Biiiiggg difference in quality.

The MM ones are treated in some way that makes them harder. In addition, they have wooden bottoms so you don't burn/poke through.

Buy a crappy one for $2 and it was last a day...buy an MM for $3...and it will last a year...go for the MM.

· Brewing Guy
794 Posts
Biiiiggg difference in quality.

The MM ones are treated in some way that makes them harder. In addition, they have wooden bottoms so you don't burn/poke through.

Buy a crappy one for $2 and it was last a day...buy an MM for $3...and it will last a year...go for the MM.
I found this out the hard way, bought an el cheapo cob at a corner store and after two smokes poked a hole right through the bottom with a pipe nail. The MM cobs are the way to go. I was gifted a cob and picked up a couple more for less than $12.

· Dastardly Scoundrel
1,267 Posts
Supposedly, the MM cobs are a special hybrid with denser cobs. Other brands and the ones from China don't hold up as well.

That white stuff you see is plaster of paris. Cheap, light and porous.

· Subcomandante Pipeos
395 Posts
well i can tell you this, as of now my MM's are fantastic. they smoke great. but i got them in a bundle with a few others that are not MM. The ones that have no name, are terrible. they have some horrible taste stuck in them, so that is why i am sticking with MM's forever, dont want to deal with that again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.