Strength: Medium-Full
Wrapper Color: Medium Brown (E)
Wrapper Type: Ecuador Sumatran
Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: NIC/DR
Shape: Parejo

Price: $9.50 At Sosa's B&M.

Drink: Coffee

Not much to tell here, The cigar spent most of it's time imitating a Flor De Oliva Natural wrapper for about 8-9 times the cost until the end when the flavor profile became extremely spicy, and the cigar became very full bodied. If you like the Flor De Oliva's, you'll like this, but honestly, I don't believe this cigar is worth what was paid for it.

It was medium bodied for the first half of the cigar, and became very full bodied. By the time I was done with it, my lips and tongue were burning just a tad from the severe spiciness. (It hits fast and hard.) The Aroma was very sharp, and smelled just a tad of Ammonia, earth, and chocolate. Perhaps it will be better with a good long rest period.

One other note. I noticed a difference in the Tobacco when I made my cut that I have not seen before. The filler looked so compressed that it appeared to be solid.-- I could not see where one filler leaf ended, and another began. The bunch was so tight it appeared to be a solid block of tobacco, with one small hole in the middle.

Construction was good, the wrapper was a tad veiny, but the cigar burned well, and the draw was consistent throughout.

While not a bad cigar, I probably would not buy this one again because dollar for dollar, the FDO's come out a winner in my pocket-book, even if they are one dimensional compared to the Diablo.. If the price were halved, I might consider picking up a 5'er to keep in my Humidor, if I had the room to let them age for a year or so before smoking..

G

·
Re: Diablo PIMIENTO

A salesman gave me a robusto sized Diablo at work a few weeks ago. It reminded me of Indian food. It doesn't taste like Indian food exactly, but it had the same effect as eating really spicy food. I liked it, but then again I didn't pay for it. I don't see myself ordering a box.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts

A decent, if one dimensional cigar, pepper flavor all the way....but I agree with Jokieman, not worth the price when I could get 3 better sticks for the money. Mine canoed through the middle, and was a bit tight on the draw as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts

the couple i had were devoid of flavor. i looked for pepper and spice all the way thru and couldnt find any. maybe i smoke too much but i dont think so, this is a very ordinary cigar. ymmv

·
Registered
1,850 Posts

Never had the Pimiento size, but the petite corona (Picante) is a staple in my stogie lineup. Costs a buck each when on special, & well worth it.
This deal has the Pimientos @ $1.40/stick with free shipping. I'd go for it if I didn't already have 70 of the Picantes left. Let them sit 3-6 months & They're quite tasty.
Gotta admit, if I paid $9.50 for it, I'd be seriously let down, but for less than $2, it's a good deal.

·
Registered
968 Posts

I've been given 3 of these and each one is worse than the previous. There's a reason they're no longer produced ;(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.