Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here’s the story. As you’ll remember CI recently ran a special on the Gurkha Royale Brigade. I’ve wanted to try those since I first set eyes upon them in the catalog. And I wanted some new smokes by the beginning of Sept. to take on vacation. But while the special price seemed good, it didn’t seem great, and 12 cigars is more than I like to commit to without trying them first. So after some searching, I determined that they could be had for less on C-Bid. So I bid on them, and some others. I lost the Brigades, but won a few others. At this point I was too late for the CI special, and the next shipping cycle would not arrive before Sept. So I intended to switch my shipping preference to once per day, but I found that it was too late for it to take effect in time. So out of desperation, I created a second C-Bid account, and won a five pack of the Gurkhas, for the most I was willing to pay, and no others. At which point I immediately began kicking myself for being unable to just let it go. I didn’t get a bad price, but I would have been better off going with the special.

So, how about some stories? Am I the only one with two C-Bid accounts? How low have you guys sunk? How far have you gone to have a cigar, to get cigars, etc.?

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
That's pretty bad. You're on a Highway to Hell, as AC/DC puts it...

·
Registered
378 Posts
How low have you guys sunk?
:r

That's hilarious. I don't know, maybe I've hit the bottom of the slope but at this point I figure saving a few bucks here or there just ain't worth the angst. I look for a fair price and don't spend much time hunting down the absolute best bargain. Of course, there's certainly nothing wrong with that, if you're so inclined.

And if I haven't already said so, welcome to CS! :mn

-Ken

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Two CBid accounts, huh?
Just be sure to keep them straight, or
you could end up bidding against yourself!
:ss:ss

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Damn! I have yet to open one cbid account...mainly for just such a reason. I have already spent more than I should have at my local B&M (I have filled my 50ct humidor) and even though it is full I still stop by the store. I can only imagine what would happen if I actually took the plunge on cbid...*shivvers*....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been able to stay away from Cbid for a couple of months now. It's way too tempting for me. It got so that when the cc bill arrived each month my wife would say "what again!!!". Two accounts would kill me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.