Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody else watching "Deadwood" on HBO? It's another tremendous series with charecters that you can only find on HBO. Evil saloon/brothel owner Al Swearengen is about as good as they get. His crew of misfits are hilarious, as well. Who knows if they actually talked like that back in the "Old West", but the vernacular will have you rolling! Yes, it has it's funny parts, along with decent action. But it can also be extremely chilling and cold at times. Again, it's the fantastic writers that bring you the charecters, and the wonderful actors/actresses that bring them alive. Almost as good as the Sopronos, but in a different genre.

G

·
I love that show, actually like it more than I did when the Sopranos first started.

Last night I promised myself to count the times they called someone a C*cksucker. I think it was only about 5 or 6, but usually its a lot higher!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Being a South Dakota native, I guess I have to like this show. Thought last night's episode was a little slow, but I guess that is to be expected for the season opener. All the good stuff was brought to an end with the finale last year.

Looking forward to what's ahead this year.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Deadwood is my favorite show at the moment, glad the wait for the new season is over. From what I have researched, looks like the blue language on the show is pretty dead on to what it was like at that time...and you better believe that, c%$#sucker!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Deadwood is my favorite [email protected]*king show right now. Swearengen is one mean [email protected]*king @*!%, but you gotta love the @#%!. I know there's a bunch of [email protected]*ksuckers that are upset over the language, but @*#! 'em.

Last nights episode was pretty slow, but it did have a lot of setup. I'm also disappointed that Eddie is apparently not going to be in this season. Although Swearengen and Bullock's fight was pretty cool. I heard that this entire season will take place over three weeks. So with all of the setup that's been made for this season, I think it's going to be a pretty busy one.

·
Test Subject
2,651 Posts
I think that Al may have either the clap or prostate cancer,, noticied in the one scene that he had lower stomach pain and then he was trying for a long time to take a leak in the the pot..Anyone else think this or am I imagining things..

Jerry in Minnesota.

G

·
c2000 said:
I think that Al may have either the clap or prostate cancer,, noticied in the one scene that he had lower stomach pain and then he was trying for a long time to take a leak in the the pot..Anyone else think this or am I imagining things..

Jerry in Minnesota.
I missed the lower stomach pain, but I was thinking something like an STD when he was trying to take the leak.

I figured, you own a whore house, you'll probably get burned.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Lumpold said:
Hmmmm.... Ian McShane don't look so cool now.....
LOVEJOY

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION

"Ian Mcshane stars as the irresistible rogue with a keen eye for antiques, intrigue and beauty.

From his cottage in the Fenlands of England's East Anglia, this antiques dealer and part-time detective scours the murky salesrooms, auction halls and stately homes of Britain, always on the lookout for a find or a quick buck.

In the trade, he's known as a "Divvie", one who can spot a genuine antique almost at a glance - a great advantage in a business full of thieves, swindlers, forgers and opportunists. For a good cause, he might even fake a few items of his own; and he has no qualms about conning rival dealers when circumstances call for it.

But whether it's a priceless old master or a pretty young lady, there's never a dull moment with Lovjoy around--his love of beauty is sure to land him in trouble wherever he goes."

BROKEBACK DEADWOOD.....????

·
Will Work for Boli GM's..
1,909 Posts
Corona Gigante said:
New season starts June 11, 2006

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!​
Looking forward to it...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
"San Francisco [email protected]¢ker!"

"Easy, Wu."

I can't wait for this show to start! I haven't even been watching Sopranos this season 'cause Deadwood is all that I'm interested in now.

As an aside, anyone who listens to the punk station on XM will probably have heard Lou Brutus talking about how much he loves the show too. He likes to create punk rock band names from the show. My favorite one yet is "[email protected]¢kers From Yankton".

·
Registered
784 Posts
Some of these HBO series are just unbelievably good with Deadwood being far and away at the top of the list for me. The only thing that is tough with these cable series is the long wait between seasons and then how quick the season ends but I am looking forward to June 11th

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.