Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My after Dinner smoke this Thanksgiving was the Davidoff Short Perfecto.

It was a neat little cigar. sort of a football shape. I clipped the end. and this little cigar did not have a great draw. It was a little hard to draw. I was disapointed.

The flavor was good, but wow it was mild yet had a good taste. I am not sure about the flavor. I have to have another one of these to do a good review. I am not going to get the short perfecto though.....

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Davidoff Short Perfecto

Ok guys here goes.

I had another of the short perfecto's last night. I thought that i didn't have anymore in my humi but I was wrong. So I had it last night mainly because I wanted to get this review done.

The Davidoff is the Mercedes Benz of cigars. It is a truely classy and upscale looking cigar. You can tell it is an expensive little bugger.

I clipped the little perfecto with my trusty Xikar. The pre light draw was tight. I would not expect it to be on a cigar of this quality. This is the second one that had the same problem.

In a cigar of this expense there should not be a consistent tightness in the draw. If AF can consistently make a short story draw well then there is not reason Davidoff at almost 3 times the cost cannot make a good draw.

Back to the review. You have to smoke about a quarter of this cigar before the draw and the flavor really open up. Once you do it is a great smoke.

Like I said before it is a mild cigar but really tasty. It has undertones of Toast and bread. It was a great flavor. About half way down the taste became creamy almost like buttered toast. I know it is hard to imagine but the undertones were there. I mean the taste doesn't just jmp out at you. It is what the cigar reminds you of.

The cigar finished with the same consistent flavors. It never really burned hot or uneven. I did really enjoy the Davidoff. It was a good cigar. I am going to try a different shape to see if the draw gets better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.