Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on CBS Sportsline:

Dave Wannstedt will resign as coach of the struggling Dolphins on Tuesday, the Miami Herald reports. Defensive coordinator Jim Bates will be named interim head coach.

Dolphin fans rejoice!

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Don't know why you would want Steve. 12-20 with no improvement in his first go round. And better golf courses down South then there were in DC.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Funnyman...Off topic, but I have to elaborate on your signature...

"They didn't use mud, they used sod, Dad." -Audrey
"And when they ran out of sod, they used mud." -Clark

·
Registered
189 Posts
One of my favorite movies...I could go on with quotes forever! I especially like Davenport, the porter chomping on that nasty cigar. The worst sight for those of us here! lol

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Vacation, Caddyshack and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Will never get tired of them and will watch them most everytime they are on.

·
-
11,412 Posts
there's a # of guys who could turn that team around (once they get an OL).

i've never been a fan of wanny's head coaching. but you'd have thought they'd improved their OL with all the moves they've made the past 2 years via the draft a FA. todd wade and v. carey in the draft, d. mcintosh, j. james and j. st.clair via FA... especially the 2 draftees and jeno james.

losing both ricky williams and d. boston didn't help that team much.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Spurrier couldn't be any worse than Wanstadt...... Miami has really disapointed me since Don Shula left.

I am not sure the problem is all coaching. I think the problem is more in the front Ofiice. It seems that miami is just not willing to commit.

They get a coach and don't really give him any control in player selections during the draft and in trades. Then they expect him to work around the picks they make. It's not fair.

On a lighter note since Dan Marino is from Pittsburgh and went to the same High School as I did. How about those Steelers..... I am thinking we will have a 13 and 3 season. We are going to the superbowl and winning this year.

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
When you lose at home to Arizona someone is gonna get canned. I'd bet Wannstedt had little choice. If Ricki spends his offseason in the wieght room instead of a hot box then maybe the Dolphins won't blow so bad next year.

SB

·
Registered
718 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
How about those Steelers..... I am thinking we will have a 13 and 3 season. We are going to the superbowl and winning this year.
That Roethlisberger kid is something else. Didn't anyone tell him he's a rookie?

·
-
11,412 Posts
SilvrBck said:
I'd bet Wannstedt had little choice.
you're right. the rumors a few weeks ago were that if he lost to arizona at home, he'd be fired. he beat them to it, or they gave him the option.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe he can hook up with Williams and smoke a blunt or two to ease his pain! :w The Arizona loss did him in, but he should have been gone last year IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.