Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
My Daughter was accepted into the Ms. sacramento pagent.
It is a National Pagent and if she wins she will recieve a 20k schollarship and a trip to the Nationals with a possibility of winning $60k more in scholarships and prizes.

Well skeptical dad that I am, I checked out teh program and it looks pretty solid so far. She keeps asing me dad are you sure this isn't a scam? She has self confidence issues and we are hoping that this may at least provide her with a boost of confidence.
Maybe one or two of you may be able to help her find a few sponsors..

Here is her press release:

Summary: Jenelle Leahy of Yuba CIty was recently selected to participate in Nationals\' 2003 Miss Teen Sacramento pageant

competition that will take place on October 26, 2003. For_Immediate_Release:Jenelle, 15, learned of her acceptance into this year's competition as Nationals, Inc. announced their selections on Wednesday afternoon. Jenelle submitted an application and took part in an interview session that was conducted by Patty Neidert, this year's Sacramento Pageant Coordinator(and former Mrs. America titlist.Jenelle will be competing for her share of over $20,000 in scholarships, prizes, and specialty gifts that will be distributed to contestants. Jenelle will be competing in the Miss Teen division, one of three divisions that will have young ladies between the ages of 10 and 19 competing in modeling routines which include casual wear and formal wear. Most important, Jenelle will display her personality and interviewing skills while interviewing with this year's Sacramento judging panel. Personality is the number one aspect that each contestant is judged on during all phases of competition.If Jenelle were to win the title of Miss Teen Sacramento, she would represent Sacramento and the surrounding communities in the Cities of America National Competition that will take place later this year. Over $60,000 in scholarships and prizes will be presented at the National Competition while each winner enjoys this expense paid trip of six days and five nights in Orlando, Florida.There is no cost to Jenelle for participating in the pageant competition. Community businesses, organizations, and private individuals will assist Jenelle in participating in this year's competition by becoming an official sponsor to her. Through sponsorship, each contestant receives all the necessary training, rehearsals, and financial support which will allow Jenelle to become a very confident and well-prepared contestant in this year's Sacramento Pageant.Any business, organization, or private individual who may be interested in becoming a sponsor to Jenelle may contact her Pageant Coordinator, Patty Neidert at 1-800-569-2487.

Current Sponsors:

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Hey, good luck to the little lady.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
excellent dude... i was miss teenage sacramento in 1963 (they used 'miss' back then)... it was a great experience. congrats to you and your daughter- this'll put yuba city on the map (i mean in a good way this time) ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts