Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Onyx Reserve Churchill last night with a Dixie Blackened Voodoo, and must say that it was a match made in heaven. Talking about a rich smoke with a hearty drink. If you get a chance I'd recommend trying the combo!!

Grinch OUT!!!

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Mr. Grinch-
I hear you man. Any beer made with darkly roasted malts is a nice match for sure. A robust stout with roasty coffee flavors is my personal favorite to accompany a stogie.
SB

·
Registered
258 Posts
AHHHHH!!!!! Beer:D :al How i miss those wild days of youthful bliss. I can't remember what a ISOM tasted like with a good imported draft but i bet it was really good:rolleyes: ;) . Someday...sometime perhaps i'll refresh my memory:pu ...carefully:D .

·
Registered
419 Posts
Howdy Apes, you want to try one of the best stouts, ( actually an Imperial stout ) get a hold of an Old Rasputin made by North Coast in California. Will stand up to and compliment any full bodied smoke out there. Take my word for it, Guiness will seem like a Miller Lite next to this exceptional craft brew. Frank B

·
Registered
200 Posts
Old Rasputin is an excellent example of the Imperial Stout.

First one I ever had inspired me to brew one of my own. Just getting ready to bottle the second batch - I love this stuff!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
May sound odd but for a different combination try the Belgian Ale Chimay. Goes great with sticks also.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chimay is an excellent drink. I'm partial to the red label myself!!!

Grinch OUT!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.