Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep bidding on CAO Extremes. I tell myself every time, "Okay Moron that's enough to last for a while". Then I see them at auction again, and off I go! I'm averaging 2-3 bucks a stick, how the Hell can I pass that up? Anyone know of a 12 step program?
radar
:tpd: :c

·
Registered
904 Posts
Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Thats as far as I have ever gotten

$2-3 is outstanding

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part of the problem is that I look around while I'm there. Tomorrow, they're delivering an old cigar mold from Caribe Co. with my Extremes. I don't even know if I've ever smoked anything from Caribe, but, can't live without a mold on my wall.
Help me, please.
Radar

·
Registered
904 Posts
radar said:
Part of the problem is that I look around while I'm there. Tomorrow, they're delivering an old cigar mold from Caribe Co. with my Extremes. I don't even know if I've ever smoked anything from Caribe, but, can't live without a mold on my wall.
Help me, please.
Radar
And my wife gets on my ass about putting my mounted fish on the wall

·
LineWalker
213 Posts
I've been on cigarbid for awhile now, and just recently had my first overbid. I got caught up in the 'oh no you don't' mentality. I'm not going back to that site for at least a month.........ok, I've got to go do laundry....yeah that's it.....laundry.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Fraid I can't be of any service radar. I buy a lot of my cigars there. If you 1st heard about C-bid from me.......I heartily apologize. ;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thay place had me in the grips for a while. I made it out alive and now only pop in once a week or so.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
txmatt said:
"you can't polish a turd,"

-Matt-
I beg to differ......tell that to Bruce5 & Einstein. :tg ;)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
txmatt said:
CigarBid is the devil. I keep saying this but you people just won't believe me. If the low prices weren't enough their damned copywriter might just be able to disprove the law, "you can't polish a turd," as he has disguised many rockets.

-Matt-
Very true, I recently bid on an item that thank God I got caught up with other things and lost the bid. Otherwise I would be doing some major explaining to my lovely wife.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Oh Cigar Bid,

How can something feel so good, and yet be so wrong?

It started out with some harmless single-sticking at the local shop... The owner seemed like a new friend, explained the ins and outs to me... even gave me some freebies once in a while. "Here, try this... everybody loves these. Tell you what - first one's on me. You'll be back." - He was right.

Then I discovered that it could be had better if I bought in bulk. I found lovely, warm, and inviting sites like JRs and CI. I became entranced by the 'freebies' that came with certain box purchases. I began to take some risks... buying a $60 box for the $15 off something I really wanted, trying the 'incredible deals' - Oh, God please help me forget the day I fired up the first of the JR Ultimates, and my tastebuds revolted, screaming "Libertad! Libertad!" ... it took a full box of SP Extra Fuertes for them to even consider forgiving me for that travesty.

Then I found the chic boutiques like Holt's and the cozy little secret speakeasys (Rockys, Mr Bs). I was becoming part of an exciting culture. I felt like I was part of something at last.

But even as I was riding the wave high and loving every second, the demon was creeping into my ear, speaking evil in a hushed, velvety voice: "I bet we can find even better deals somewhere now that we are becoming in-the-know... maybe we should look into that auction site... there's only money to be saved."

And thus it began, my dark descent into the underworld. The raised credit card limits, the deliveries to the office instead of home, and dare I say it... THE FIVE PACK.

God help me for not listening to TxMatt... for now I know too late:
Cigar Bid IS the devil. And he has taken my soul.

... And I love it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Warning!

Be careful in most states your wife is entitiled to half of your cigars.

Thats why the divorse rate is so low amongst cigar smokers. :al

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Ah, yes... the seeds of addiction, (seeds, twinkletoes...you've got a friggin' tree bloomin here, Scott).

My latest... won something I don't even remember bidding on. Bid time was pretty early Sunday morning... that might explain it.

Think I'll try just putting things on the watch list... kinda like a nicotine patch. Any takers on how long I'll last?

Scott"IcanquitwheneverIwanna"M

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scott M said:
Think I'll try just putting things on the watch list... kinda like a nicotine patch. Any takers on how long I'll last?
Scott"IcanquitwheneverIwanna"M
Till 5 minutes before the auction ends.
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Not even close. Bundle of Flor de Oliva's.

No friggin discipline whatsoever. Oh, well...it least I ain't spending it on cheap women and drinking binges, (or so I'll tell my wife!!!).

Scott"facefirstdowntheslipperyslope"M

·
Registered
186 Posts
I know Kansashat warned me too. It's just too hard to resist. Saturday I purchased my favorite cigar sampler pack of 16 cigars. Bought it for $25, thats only 1.56 a stick! :p

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Personally I dont like anything from CAO, but 2-3 bucks is pretty damn good!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Greetings, fellow primates,

Been awhile since I've been on, with my reserve obligations. Cigarbid.com is a beautiful thing. I've cherished it very much and all should bow to it's awesome deals. It has helped me out on many occasions. Now, if only I can get them to put Troya as a regular brand for auction, I could sleep even better. :)

Grinch OUT!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.