Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't paying attention this morning. I thought I had put an ice cube in my coffee and didn't! Seriously scalded my tongue, mouth and throat. It's going to be a couple of days before I'm able to light one up and I was planning on lighting a couple up on St. Patricks day (taking Thursday and Friday off) :cry:

Just ranting....

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I hate it when that happens. Hopefully you will be too drink to notice for the holiday. Maybe pack a few of your budget smokes to get you through. Either way, I will be smoking some good ones on thursday.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That sucks and when i have done this it seems that i take the biggest freaking gulp. Sorry to hear that bro. I will smoke one for you. LOL hopefully it is better by then so you can enjoy a nice one.

·
Banned
17,955 Posts
I like my coffee very hot and can remember a time when I scalded my tongue as well...something you don't forget and I haven't done it in 20 years. Tongue condom maybe for the future? lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wasn't paying attention this morning. I thought I had put an ice cube in my coffee and didn't! Seriously scalded my tongue, mouth and throat. It's going to be a couple of days before I'm able to light one up and I was planning on lighting a couple up on St. Patricks day (taking Thursday and Friday off) :cry:

Just ranting....
I feel your pain, believe me!!

Last Wednesday I had our commercial glue gun at work over pressurize and blow 400-500 degree glue onto 60% of the back of my right hand...Instant ouchie...and I feel your pain!!

·
Puffer With No Spikes
1,691 Posts
I hate it when that happens! I can't stand scalding hot coffee, and thanks to using a French press, I will never have to deal with this again. I've played around with my microwave and the exact amount of water needed, to figure out how long to nuke it so that it is right before boiling. Just poring it into the cold press and then the cold coffee cup cools it enough that burning my mouth isn't a problem.

My ex wife was/is one of those people who could literally take a pot of coffee fresh of the burner and drink that sh*t strait. I have no clue how the eff she could do that and still have a tongue!

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
1) Years ago when I worked an electronics assembly line, I got in the habit of grabbing my soldering iron from its holder, and slapping it back in, without looking. Every once in a while I'd drop it in a little off-target, and when I went to pick it up, it wasn't exactly where I expected. The first thing I would feel was my fingers grasping metal. I had just enough time to think, "Oh, @#&*!" before the heat hit me. Then I had to work with blistered fingers. I hope no jets crashed because of a faulty wiring harness built with blistered fingers ...

2) Not too long ago I was smoking a wonderful cigar from that mythical island. I don't have those very often, and it was truly wonderful. I had it puffed down to where my wooden nubbing picks were burning, and the wrapper pelled off the last tiny bit of cigar. I had to get just one last taste, so I gave it a try. There was not enough room at the head to avoid the burn line. Burn line hot.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the understanding guys.
Tongue is healing and I fired one up today but took it real easy.

I swear I end up doing this at least once a year. Get too busy in the morning, not pay attention and then WHAM!

My parents, uncles, aunts all seem to have leather tongues. They too could drink scalding coffee like it was nothing. Not something I seem to have inherited.

Gary....tongue condom....lol, that really made me laugh!

I got one up on my folks and others that can handle "heat", they can't handle spices, I say bring it on (gotta have flavor though, not just heat otherwise it ain't worth it).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.