Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dallas Mayor Ms. Laura "Nazi" Miller was elected last year and promptly started her anti smoking campaign. She got city council to pass no smoking in public places, which included hotels, restaurants, bars, eating establishments, laundry mats etc...Well within the week of passing CA Big Smoke had to move from the downtown Hyatt Reunion, to Hyatt DFW airport,at the last minute, big bucks lost on that by the hotel, local restaurants, West End eat,drink, club scene workers, all had empty pockets, across the street!Not to mention the lost taxes sales, and otherwise possibly paid by the BS visitors. Also Hyatt lost out at one sight in lost revenues as many moved their rooms to the DFW site for conveneince and not having to rent a car then to get there....everyone lost money on it, and that doesnt include how many others maybe moving to Dallas considered otherwisre and held events in other cities. The only place to smoke now is in a cigar shop/cigar lounge designated with special ventilation equipment $25,000 min cost for a 1000 sq ft area. Cool River Restaurant & Bar luckily had opened just across the Dallas county line in Irving Tx. so they werent affected. I dont get it. Can they find something else to do with their time then go after cigar smokers, and cigerette smokers?? Arent there homeless issues, urban crime and downtown decline, unemployment in the area, more important? Priorities for politicians on all levels are out of whack!!

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Unfortunately, with smokers being only around 25% of the population, non-smokers hold the votes and can ram through their agenda.

Typical of this attitude is a guy that comes in a couple times a week for our morning coffee meetings. He told me and the rest of us a few weeks ago (I'm paraphasing)...

"I hope they ban smoking (in Georgia) in ALL bars and restaurants. Quite frankly, since I don't smoke I'd like it that way and I don't give a s--- about what you smokers want. Go outside and smoke all you damn want and quit f---ing up the inside air my family and I breathe."

·
Registered
44 Posts
There point of view

:sb IF WE MAKE THE RICH THAT CAN AFFORD SMOKEING MAD, THEY WILL MAKE ALOT OF NOISE:sb

:sb IF THEY MAKE ALOT OF NOISE WE WILL STAY IN THE NEWS:sb

:sb IF THE SMOKERS AND US ARE IN THE NEWS PEOPLE WILL FORGET ABOUT THERE OTHER PROBLEMS AND WE WILL STAY IN OFFICE:sb

:sbIF WE KEEP THEM FEELING LIKE WERE DOING SOMETHING FOR THERE GOOD(non smokers), WE CAN DO BAD THINGS WITH LESS NOTICE AS ALL ARE MAD ABOUT SMOKEBAN ECT:sb

:sb IF WE CAN DO IT HERE LOCALLY, MAYBE WE CAN GET ELECTED TO DO IT NATIONALLY:sb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.