Cigar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled a D3 EL from Aug of 02 and it just keeps getting better and better. From just three months ago it has picked up loads of flavor and is well on its way to becoming a real classic.

Fellow LLG's...how good do you think this cigar will get?

·
Registered
272 Posts
These are so good right now it doesn't matter how good they will get. LOL Even so, I still don't smoke them very often. I just like having them around to look at.

·
Registered
19 Posts
True, I think the're fine just now, a real powerhouse. It is also one of the smokes that I in my limited experience had a strong impression of being able to benifit greatly from aging. I'll be leaving them for at least a year before puting them to the taste test again.
By the way, what is the curent opinion on the HdM pyramid? Hot or not? And what about the Cuaba Salamonses?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a box of these sitting in my humi since Feb.I smoked some early and they were great Then, I had one last week and they are getting better with time.My plan is to just occasionally suck on one and enjoy as the time goes by.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In my experience they have the opportunity to get to the level of an extremely well aged, great tasting smoke in the 5-6 year range. Granted they are outstanding smokes now, but with that maturation process of the 3-4 more years on them I think that whoever has any of these down will be kicking themselves that they didn't buy more, and those that don't have any will be dying to try one. Just my two cents, or maybe it's because I'm drinking too much...:al

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
these are wonderful wonderful wonderful... and there's no telling how much wonderfuller they'll get..... so i stole a crystal ball from the mystery man- i wrapped a newspaper around my head so i looked like i was deep- i said some mumbo jumbo, and asked it how the d3s are going to be ... it said: the price of meat has just gone up and your old lady has just gone down

:c damn crystal ball... guess we'll just have to wait. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great cigar, I hope they switch these over to the regular line of Partagas so that they never dissapear!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Blooming

I just had the occasion to rotate all of my stock and make a beetle inspection. Happily, this resulted in no unpleasant surprises. I did, however, see that (joy of joys) my D3's had developed a slight, but distinct bloom. If they are looking this good in such a short time, I have high hopes for thr development.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just ordered another box for emergency purposes. You never know, it may not be long before these become extinct on the market and compared to the new EL's the SD3 is a bargain.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I agree these smokes are flat out great!
Nothing like sitting back and having one on a cool evening, now where is that cool evening?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts