Cigar Forums banner

D#$N Credit Card Company

640 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  jimmy 
G
#1 ·
My credit card company denied my 2nd order, I used a different card from the 1st order. I suppose it seemed like fraud, a very large charge to a business in another country. I never did this on this card before, but I guess they better get used to it now.

Oh Well now I have to wait an extra day for the Monte A's and the Cohiba Reserva's.

-Winstonb

#2 ·
W-
i hear that happens quite a bit. especially the first couple times. it happened to me. i was so embarrassed, but them spoke to a couple vendors on the phone and they said it happens all the time. because of being out of the country, etc...
oh well, like you said they'll have to get used to it!! :D

but oh man, those cohiba reservas are gonna be worth an extra day!! i promise you that! :D :D

jimmy

#4 ·
Winstonb said:
My credit card company denied my 2nd order, I used a different card from the 1st order. I suppose it seemed like fraud, a very large charge to a business in another country. I never did this on this card before, but I guess they better get used to it now.

-Winstonb
There's a REAL easy way to avoid this: call up customer service at the credit card company BEFORE YOU ORDER and tell them that you're going to charge $X to a company in country Y. They'll make a note of it, and the charge will go through when you order. This has NEVER failed for me.

G
#5 ·
PyroTec, I must certainly will do a review of the "A" , I'm really looking forward to that smoke. Was hoping it was gonna be this weekend, but the extra day may have doused those plans. I struggled a little about what to get this time, then decided to get some of the best.

Jimmy, I hope so! (worth the extra day).

Dipteran, that's great advice, will use it next time.

-Winstonb

#6 ·
I agree w/ dipteran. Even after using the same credit card with the same meerchant several times over a period of 10-12 months, it still happened to me recently. Talked to the cigar merchant & he was very understanding (happens a lot he says). Talked with the credit card Co. & notifies them of which countries pruchases will be made from. The said not to worry.
We'll see.

MoTheMan

#7 ·
I just made one call to the credit card company and told them I do a lot of ordering from places such as Lebenon and other various counries. So let it all go through and if there's fraud, I'll let you know. Haven't had trouble since. Try it, it may work! You just have to be on top of your charges, since most fraud generates from Cyprus, Beruit and Nigeria.

#8 ·
as othres have said, make a call to customer service before making any large purchases over the net... i learned this a few years ago when i bought a sony ultraslim laptop online (so it's not just foreign purchases ... yes sony is japanese, but the laptop came from sonystyleUSA wise guy ;) ). there are many security flags, and understandably, one of them is a large internet purchase.

#11 ·
Great! Let us know how it turns out & how they smoke.

MoTheMan

G
#12 ·
See 1 day threw everything off. The PO tried to deliver the package today but I'm stuck in meetings all week. I may have to pick them up early Thursday morning (7am). My PO opens at 8am and closes at 5pm other weekdays.

-Winston

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.