Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cigar: Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sun Grown No. 7, 4 1/2 X 50 Robusto
I have read a couple of things about these and was anxious to try them. I picked up 3 from my local shop and have had them in the humidor for about a month.

Pre-Light: Very nice looking. A solid feel to the touch, nice band. Nice aroma, pre-lit draw was a surprisingly good. Surprising because of how solid of a feel it had.

Light: I took my time lighting, I am making an effort to light each cigar carefully as to not alter the start.

Flavor and Attributes: This cigar produced lots of smoke and held a very firm silvery white ash. For the first 3/4, this was an amazing cigar. Started out with a little spice, but sort of on the mild side, then progessed into a fuller flavor by the midway point. The ending was a little disappointing as it kind of evened out and was uneventful, but this did not take away or overshadow the previous 3/4. It just left me wondering what if......

Overall Impression: At around $4.50 per, you get a lot for the money. This is another fine Fuente cigar. I would recommend to anyone that likes a quality Medium bodied smoke in a small package. This cigar definately has a niche in my humidor and I will keep some on hand.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Re: Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sun Grown No. 7

Nice review. Funny, I just smoked one of these this evening. I think mine need a bit more rest......of course the temp fluctuations of being driven to St. Louis & back might have thrown mine off a bit.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I had forgotten about this review. When it popped back up I remembered that I still have some in the humidor. Looks like another round with the Centro Fino tonight........ :D

·
Registered
4,118 Posts

These are one of my favorite non Cubans as well. Hard to find a better cigar for the money IMO. Nice review!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

Had one last night myself. The best one yet of a Box I purchased.

·
Registered
583 Posts

I smoked a No 1 Churchill while watching The Magnificent Seven last night. Good smoke and a good movie.

I don't usually reach for the Cuesta Reys since I find them a bit too expensive. I'm an undathreedolla smoker, and I've never found a good deal on Cuesta Reys. But this one caught my eye. Wrapper was perfect, and I wanted a long smoke for the movie, so I layed down the 9 bucks. Now I don't know if it was worth 9 dolla's, but it was pretty f*ckin good.

·
Registered
666 Posts

RumblePen said:
I smoked a No 1 Churchill while watching The Magnificent Seven last night. Good smoke and a good movie.

I don't usually reach for the Cuesta Reys since I find them a bit too expensive. I'm an undathreedolla smoker, and I've never found a good deal on Cuesta Reys. But this one caught my eye. Wrapper was perfect, and I wanted a long smoke for the movie, so I layed down the 9 bucks. Now I don't know if it was worth 9 dolla's, but it was pretty f*ckin good.
$9.00 Is pretty steep, considering a box of 10 is like $50.00. I can point you in the right direction if you are looking for a box. These are one fine smoke.

·
Registered
549 Posts

I remember I smoked one of these Cuesta-Reys once. I was at the beach. I don't remember alot of the specifics since it has probably been a year or more since I smoked it but I do remember I enojoyed it. Perhaps it was simply the fact that I was sitting out on the balcony of the condo we had rented and was smoking it and watching the sun set...maybe it was just a decent cigar...I think I might have to reproduce the situation and find out...for scientific purposes of course. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.