Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was in the mood for a slightly stronger cigar this evening (eyeing the RP Sun grown) but my girlfriend wanted a few puffs from the smoke. So after some rummaging in the table-top (which is by the way getting kind of full) I found the Cuesta Rey. Looked at the wrapper and took a whiff, seems pretty mild.

Some info:
Length/Ring: 5 x 50
Shape: Robusto
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Medium

Gave it a snip, toasted the head with the included cedar sheet and away we went. At first it was pretty lame, just a mellow tobacco taste. About quarter way the flavor ramped up a bit (for a mild smoke) and a really nice smell emitted from the stick.

I noticed some nice toasty/creamy/nutty flavors were coming through. There were some puffs that kind of stung my tongue (a little spicy) but it was fairly consistent. Overall this a very nice cigar and may be on my list for future purchases.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Re: Cuesta-Rey Centenario Tubo

c.r. centenario's are one of my past faves-i lean toward stronger sticks now, but still keep a few of these around-try the pyramid (no. 7 i think) if you like the busto

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.