Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sungrown Pyramid No. 9

My first review. I am not good giving descriptive details as some here but here goes.

The wrapper was nice in color light like a cappichino with too much milk in it and no physical marking, smooth and very little veins. It held up good all the way through witch I have trouble with because I tend to hold the cigar in my teeth at times.

A nice even burn. The ash was nice and tight and could go the length of the cigar if left alone. I had to phyically thump the cigar to knock the ash off after it got over an inch long and that was tough. The ash in color was greyish salt and peper looking.

The draw was great. Not to hard but to easy so it was just right.

A medium to full in body with a little bit of sweetness and a slight hint of coffee to start off. As I approched the nub stage it got a burt coffee flavor with a hint of leather.

I enjoyed this cigar alot however it was not one of my favorite of the Centro Fino line but it was good I would buy this again with out any doubts. On a scale of 1-10 I would give this a 6-7. It had good construction and nice balance but it just was missing something, that I just couldn't put my finger on.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Re: Cuest-Rey Centro Fino

That is my personal favorite Cuesta-Rey!

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts

I love the Cuests-Rey Centro Fino line.

If you like the cigars, or want to sample them; go to the cigarfamily.com web site and sign up for the J.C. Newman Connoisseur Club. $15 gets you 4 Centro Fino's a T-Shirt and a subscription to their newsletter. Order the T-Shirt 1 size larger than you normally wear.

-Matt-

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks all for the positive feed back on my review. I will have to give more reviews then.

Matt I was just looking at that deal and was thinking about doing it on payday.

zemekone, it is a good cigar but for some reason I like the Cuesta-Rey Centrino no. 60 a liitle more.

Any how thanks once again.

-Steve

·
Registered
666 Posts

txmatt said:
I love the Cuests-Rey Centro Fino line.

If you like the cigars, or want to sample them; go to the cigarfamily.com web site and sign up for the J.C. Newman Connoisseur Club. $15 gets you 4 Centro Fino's a T-Shirt and a subscription to their newsletter. Order the T-Shirt 1 size larger than you normally wear.

-Matt-
That Is a cheap and great way to sample the Centro-Finos. I'm a long standing member.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.