Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

New to the board....I was wondering if the same embargo restrictions on Cuban cigars apply in the USVI. I'm going to St. John for my honeymoon and was hoping that I would be able to kick back and smoke a cuban or two while I was there.

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
394 Posts
Unfortunately for you, the embargo does indeed apply to all U.S. Territories...U.S. Virgin Islands included.

·
Registered
394 Posts
However...the BRITISH Virgin Islands, immediately northeast of the US Virgin Islands...are probably not under the embargo.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
As stated above, no legal real Cuban cigars for sale in USVI. You will see some fakes for sale around St Thomas. As for the BVI, yes they are legal there, but you'll need a passport and transportation to one of the islands to buy them. Not really worth the hassle IMHO.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Lungin said:
All,

New to the board....I was wondering if the same embargo restrictions on Cuban cigars apply in the USVI. I'm going to St. John for my honeymoon and was hoping that I would be able to kick back and smoke a cuban or two while I was there.

Thanks,

Brad
Warmest welcome to the boards, by the way...congratulations for the new marriage and hope you have a good time honeymoonin'!

Hoss

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Lungin said:
All,

Thanks,

Brad
Congratulations, Brad, on your upcoming wedding! Have a great honeymoon. While Cubans will not be legal, I am sure you will find some fine cigars in the VI!

:)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Congrats and welcome to Club Stogie. As stated above Cubans are illegal in the USVI...sorry. But kick back, relax and have lots of.........well you know ;)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Bruce5 said:
Welcome aboard.
Congrats on getting married... I did it just 2 months ago.
Be careful of fakes on your honeymoon.
What KIND of fakes??? ;)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If you're stopping by nassau, there's always graycliff...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.