Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Roastmaster General
1,244 Posts
You'll be 30 minutes away from downtown Tokyo.

While in Tokyo, I went to Le Connaisseur in Roppongi. The shops are well stocked. The bars are expensive. Be prepared to give up an arm and a leg, no shit.

I also hit the Cigar Club Ltd. at the Westin Tokyo. A nice little lounge tucked away, high back leather chairs, expensive drinks $$$$$. It is 10 mins from Ebisu Station. For the record, Ebisu is an awesome place to check out. Very relaxing amid the frantic hustle and bustle.

You are better off brining your own, saiving the cash and hitting the fish market for the best sushi you've ever had.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I thought that the rules were just to not to discuss how to get Cubans in the US.

Either way, he's going to have a time finding a cigar shop in Japan. There just aren't that many of them since cigar smoking isn't that popular. Well that's been my experience at least.

·
hut hunter
8,515 Posts
With the desire of making your experience at Club Stogie an enjoyable one, there are three simple rules that can help new members in the forums.

1) DO NOT ask how to buy Cubans in the United States. Cuban cigars are illegal in the U.S., end of discussion. We suggest reading through the forums for more information, or you can check out the following link from the United States Customs Department.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/al...ban_cigars.xml

Along these same lines, please don't ask which retailers ship to the US, how they perform, etc., again, Cuban cigars are illegal in the U.S. We do delete posts related to these subjects. If you happen to live in a country where Cubans are legal...you have many envious friends!

2) DO feel free to use the search function. There are a ton of questions already asked and answered. You may be able to save yourself some time by searching for the answer before asking it. At the same time, don't feel bad if you ask a quetion that has been asked before...it happens!

3) DO enjoy yourself and practice respect and tolerance with others. Respect is the key word. There are people that join this forum from other forums for the sole purpose of starting flame wars. It won't be tolerated. We are all here because we enjoy cigars.

4) Club Stogie can not allow threads involving the sale or trade of Cuban cigars. There is a quote below from the user agreement all members agreed to when registering.

Due to continued abuse of this policy, and the legal exposure to CS we have been forced to adopt this new rule since we are a United States based forum. This was not done to the actions of any single member. There will be no exceptions to this rule, and continued violation is grounds for loss of membership.

Quote from user agreement:

You also agree to not use this site for any illegal activity including, but not limited to the trading, selling, or exchanging of cigars in locations where they are not legal.

Of course, always remember...

CLUB STOGIE STRICTLY ADHERES TO THE 1997 "NO CIGAR SNOB" TREATISE DEVELOPED BY TOP 25 CIGAR.
- circa 1997 Top25Cigar.com

(AKA...If you can taste hints of burnt 7-year old Madagascar Vanilla...smoke elsewhere!

Thanks
Club Stogie Staff

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
KR's right, one of these days maybe someone will actually read the rules & the stickies when they sign up-"please tell me how to do something illegal in an open forum"-BTW, how do you build a bomb & cook meth at the same time?

i don't mean to be an ass here guys, just gets sorta old seeing the same posts over & over

·
Trout Hunter
4,529 Posts
KR's right, one of these days maybe someone will actually read the rules & the stickies when they sign up-"please tell me how to do something illegal in an open forum"-BTW, how do you build a bomb & cook meth at the same time?

i don't mean to be an ass here guys, just gets sorta old seeing the same posts over & over
Are you making fun of me for being from Arkansas???? What about the sheep relations????

JK :tu

·
Registered
995 Posts

My interpretation of the rules BigVito posted would lead me to believe this would be OK. It really doesn't affect me in either way right now, but what am I missing from the rules that would make this post not allowed?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Not butting in, but I have also seen LcDH pics with members showing off lots of Cubans at the store in Grand Cayman. Made my mouth water.

I have also been involved in discussions about cigar shops in Nassau and which ones had good Cuban cigars.

I am all for following the rules, but don't see this as a violation based on the stickies I have indeed read completely.

I'd also imagine a mod would have nipped it by now if it was inappropriate. edit; One just entered, let's see what happens!

·
hut hunter
8,515 Posts
With the desire of making your experience at Club Stogie an enjoyable one, there are three simple rules that can help new members in the forums.

1) DO NOT ask how to buy Cubans in the United States. Cuban cigars are illegal in the U.S., end of discussion. We suggest reading through the forums for more information, or you can check out the following link from the United States Customs Department.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/al...ban_cigars.xml

Along these same lines, please don't ask which retailers ship to the US, how they perform, etc., again, Cuban cigars are illegal in the U.S. We do delete posts related to these subjects. If you happen to live in a country where Cubans are legal...you have many envious friends!

2) DO feel free to use the search function. There are a ton of questions already asked and answered. You may be able to save yourself some time by searching for the answer before asking it. At the same time, don't feel bad if you ask a quetion that has been asked before...it happens!

3) DO enjoy yourself and practice respect and tolerance with others. Respect is the key word. There are people that join this forum from other forums for the sole purpose of starting flame wars. It won't be tolerated. We are all here because we enjoy cigars.

4) Club Stogie can not allow threads involving the sale or trade of Cuban cigars. There is a quote below from the user agreement all members agreed to when registering.

Due to continued abuse of this policy, and the legal exposure to CS we have been forced to adopt this new rule since we are a United States based forum. This was not done to the actions of any single member. There will be no exceptions to this rule, and continued violation is grounds for loss of membership.

Quote from user agreement:

You also agree to not use this site for any illegal activity including, but not limited to the trading, selling, or exchanging of cigars in locations where they are not legal.

Of course, always remember...

CLUB STOGIE STRICTLY ADHERES TO THE 1997 "NO CIGAR SNOB" TREATISE DEVELOPED BY TOP 25 CIGAR.
- circa 1997 Top25Cigar.com

(AKA...If you can taste hints of burnt 7-year old Madagascar Vanilla...smoke elsewhere!

Thanks
Club Stogie Staff
My interpretation of the rules BigVito posted would lead me to believe this would be OK. It really doesn't affect me in either way right now, but what am I missing from the rules that would make this post not allowed?
Most my answerers are wrong :r but I agree with you.
:tpd:;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.