Cigar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any reccomendations for Cuban singles? I have increased my collection but still only buy singles (for now). I rarely smoke my cubans (relying on domestics for the everyday smokes) but love to look at them *drooling* and have them in my humi waiting for just the right occasion. Reminds me of collecting baseball cards as a kid i guess... Thanx...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah I do have some recomendations..
Quit drooling and try um...

Really go for it..
There is one thing we can all count on. There's always more cigars...

Try one or two and post a review..Let us know what you find out that you like. Once we have an Idea of that we can suggest a few that would meet your tastes..

HB

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I enjoy the hoyo dbl coronas... and partagas d4 from what I have tried. I tried a couple of monte's but the seem a little too floral (does that seem right?) for me. As far as size goes, i prefer a 50+ guage and 4.5-6" in length although I am open to anything.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'd recommend buying one of every size produced under every brand:w

Honestly, I would buy some singles from each brand to get a taste of what you like. Also try different sizes in each brand. Here's just a few of what you could start out with:

Tres petit coronas
-San Cristobal El Principe
-Cohiba siglo I
-Partagas short
-Bolivar corona junior
-Ramon allones small club corona
-Monte 5

Petit coronas
-Bolivar PC
-Partagas PC
-Punch royal selection #12
-Romeo y Julieta PC
-Monte #4
-H Upmann petit corona

Lonsdales (and sizes similar, but not technically lonsdales)
-Punch Super selection #1
-Partagas 898 varnished
-La Gloria medialle d'oro #2
-ERDM lonsdale
-Rafael Gonzales lonsdale

Corona Gordas
-Punch punch punch, and super selection #2
-H Upmann Magnum 46

Robustos
-Partagas Series D #4
-H Upmann series du conniseur #1
-Juan Lopez #2
-Hoyo epicure #2

Now I didn't cover all the other sizes such as churchills, double coronas, panatelas, coronas, etc., and I missed a whole ton of other models; but this should give you a good start.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Hmm! Nice, well thought out selection.

A good start for the weekend. [LOL]

MoTheMan

·
Registered
291 Posts
Cubans are good to smoke and not meant to just look at.....enjoy them.
Life's too short to smoke bad cigars...if you got them, smoke them!
:w

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well put.... i guess i know what i'll be having this weekend at the blackjack tables...

also, anyone have any input on the H. Upmann Magnum 46 (5 5/8 x 46)?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Nero

I can relate to what you are trying to do because I find myself going through them BY THE BOX once I get on a roll.

If you are wondering where to start, for what its worth, its hard to go wrong IMHO with the Partagas Short Cab or the Mag 46. Both those cigars only bother you when they're gone.

Get some reasonably priced sticks for everyday smoking and drool on the really rare stuff.

·
Registered
831 Posts
hmmm Mag 46? one of my favorites and also drillers favorite as well. an incredible smoke which I need to get more of ( when I get out of house debt which will be never lol) since I haven't had any in awhile! :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Recently did a box split with a good friend for H.Upmann Sir Winston's which I thought were good smokes, and will probably age very well.
Just my two cents.
:w

·
Registered
831 Posts
Actually Edison, I got outta that hell hole Van Nuys and moved on to greener (although now burned lol) pastures! Moved north and bought a house with my bf.... woohooo! Life is good! :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
nero- my suggestion would be to sample by size... start with your favorite size, e.g. robustos, i think you said. so try all the robustos... this way you can find your favorite brand or 2 or 3... then work within those brands going up or down in size depending on what you like. send me anything you don't like.

filly- do you know how van nuys got its name? a long time ago, before all the people from ohio moved into the valley :p a bus load of old jews from boyle heights were touring the then undeveloped valley... they made a stop and when one old lady stepped out of the bus she said, "my, dis is van nuys!" (translation: very nice) :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts