Cigar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received 2 Cubans for a gift from a business associate. They are both Cohibas but I dont know what type of Cohibas. They are both in a glass tube and just say Cohiba Havana on them (estimate - 48 x 6"). I have head them for about a year. Should I let those babies age some more or should I kick back with a good cognac and enjoy?

I enjoy reading the posts on these boards, reading them kinda gives you the info needed to get even more enjoyment out of this great hobby.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
417 Posts
Cohibas do NOT come in glass tubes-no Cuban Cigar comes in a glass tube. Cuban Tubos, and there are quite a few, come in plastic tubes which are not transparent. It appears that what you have are fakes. Sorry for the bad news.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Guantanamera Cristale comes in a plastic tube.

Hey McGooSpot, guess you don't have any Partagas Cristales yet, eh? LOL! :)

Seriously though, you have fake Cuban cigars. Besides the Guantanamera there is a not a production Havana in a glass tube and the Guantanamera is very far from any Cohiba out there as far as quality.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
quick update, this is hilarious. (NOTE - When i received them i didnt really look at them. I assumed they were real) After looking at the packaging and label on the cigar it was quite obvious a fake. After looking at it I proceeded to open it and as I opened it the glass tube broke into about 3 pieces. I took the cigar out of the broken glass and looked at the label and realized that half of the "La Habana" was cut off. BAD LABEL. It looked pretty close to a Dominican Cohiba label but you could tell it was a fake. I havent smoked it yet. This weekend I will give it a shot. Not only are they fake they are BAD FAKES.

While I have you guys attention maybe you can answer this one. I was in St. Marteen on a cruise last Sept and purchased some, what I think are Cubans. Montes, Partagas and Hoyos. The cruise ship directed me to this shop as they consider it "reputable" . I paid 12-15 bucks per stick. How can I tell if they are not fake? Is it possible?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What was the shop called? There are a couple reputable shops in St. Maarten. seagarsmoker can help out better if you rememeber the name of the shop.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really cant remember the name of the shop but I do remember they were located right on the main shopping strip (Main. St?), further down near Jimmie Buffetts place. Nice shop with walk in humidor, lounge with booze. Can you give me some more names, maybe that'll jog my memory.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Yorkie077 said:
damn salesman will do anything for business!!!

Guess I should smoke one tonight.

THANKS ALOT
If you get a chance, snap a quick picture of the fake stogie, and shoot it to me via email. I would love to post it in the Top25Cigar Counterfeit Cigar Gallery.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
BTW

There IS a Casa del Habano in St. Maarten, in Phillipsburg.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sure I will take a picture of the cigar with the label, and the glass tube. Believe me its a BAD fake.

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did the place have a "living waterfall" in the center of the smoking lounge? Sounds like Casa del Habana. If so, the cigars, booze and coffee are all legit. You can sit right down and sample all three. In St. Marteen, been there about 3 yrs.
:w :al

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
An update - I sampled the fake Cuban last night. Now I am 110% sure it was a fake. I got about 1/4 of an inch into it and had to get rid of it. NASTY

Anyway, I have one more that I will try and take a pic of this weekend and forward it to you pds (I WONT SMOKE IT) Anybody want it?? HAHA.

St. Maarteen - I really dont remember if it had a waterfall inside. I remember it was as the farthest end of the strip where the cruise ship docked. They told me Jimmies Buffets place was just down the road. Anyway, at this point I will keep my hopes up that they are real and let them age some more.

THANKS GUYS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts