Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh- just remembered a good story... what group is the butt of jokes in cuba? people from pinar del rio ... lmao. ... and yes, how many people from pinar del rio does it take to screw in a light bulb? is one of them!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Great stuff Rob! Sure different from what I saw when I was there (barbed wire, mine fields and lots of uniforms ;) ).

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
Thanks for including pictures of K's humidor (#26) and me rolling (#30):w

Ya know bro, I really can't wait to hear about your trip in person. It looked great in your photos.

You mentioned that young girl had to work for twelve hours in the cigar store.....and you stayed and talked with her. Are you saying YOU spent 12 hours in there too? Did she smoke with you? Did you bother to see if you could adopt her?

OPT

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for including pictures of K's humidor (#26) and me rolling (#30)
lmao ... that's exactly what i thought... NOT.

You mentioned that young girl had to work for twelve hours in the cigar store.....and you stayed and talked with her. Are you saying YOU spent 12 hours in there too? Did she smoke with you? Did you bother to see if you could adopt her?

i got to that lcdh around 2pm after spending the morning at the national art museum with my friends peter and mary luisa. they had some things to do in the afternoon and asked me what i wanted to do. the only lcdh that was open on sunday was in the marina so i asked the driver (who was from the neuroscience center) to take me there. he took me there via a scenic route, and at one point he nodded his head to the right and said "la casa de fidel castro." of course i whipped my head around and he yells DON"T LOOK! (otherwise, he didn't speak english... lmao). well i kept looking and he kept yelling. the house was surrounded by a lot of land, but otherwise, the house was very modest indeed.

back to the story... so i got to lcdh and smoked a cohiba robusto and contemplated what my first purchase would be. the girl said she started working at 9am and had to stay until 9pm, and then do the same thing the next day. after the robusto i went to for lunch at papas restaurant at the end of the marina. i went back to the lcdh for an after dinner smoke around 4 or 5pm... and we started to talk (while i was there i saw maybe 4 customers total). i got her entire life story... we talked about family, romance, religion, politics and so on. before i knew it, it was 9pm... i can't remember how many cigars i smoked that evening.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing.
I especially liked the story on how you spent your day at Marina Hemingway. Mmm, what a story (and all those ciagars -- just makes me want to drool).

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Great Pics! The Partagas factory photo is just to cool...makes me want to light up right now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts