Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Joe, I was looking at those too. I was thinking for about $250, you could get a box of 25 divinos plus a box of 10 Solomons. I have not heard much about the divinos.

GoatLocker

·
Registered
159 Posts
mr.c said:
whats the story on these ? seems they are $100 for a box - not a bad price for a cuban thats 4x43. medium bodied cigar ? LOOKING to pick up a cheap box of something.

joe
I love these smokes. The only thing "wrong" with them is they don't last very long! Go for it, you'll enjoy them IMO. :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
GOAT LOCKER said:
Joe, I was looking at those too. I was thinking for about $250, you could get a box of 25 divinos plus a box of 10 Solomons. I have not heard much about the divinos.

GoatLocker
you'll be pleased if you get them.
and you will not be unhappy with an investment in some of the solomons! i promise.

jimmy
:tpd:

·
Registered
159 Posts
jimmy said:
you'll be pleased if you get them.
and you will not be unhappy with an investment in some of the solomons! i promise.

jimmy
:tpd:
Quite true! After buying one box (10) of these beauties, I invested in three more! They are awesome! :cool:

·
Registered
921 Posts
I enjoy the Divinos. Smaller than a Partagas Short, they burn thru pretty quickly. You may be able to squeeze 30 minutes out of one if you are luckly.
I think they are a more on the lines of medium to full... the strongest in the Cuaba line. They also draw better than the Generosos and the Traditionales which have been known for draw problems due to the perfecto size.
Kind of spicy... great little smoke.
My box of 02s are running low and I have been considering re-upping.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
What Bruce said. Spicy and on the med, maybe med-full side. Nice smoke if they draw ok. I've experienced more draw problems with all of the Cuabas (except the Salomones which are just masterpieces) than other similarly sized Cubans. I have smoked some of Bruces 02's and they are very nice. If you like a strong cigar, the R.A. s.c.c.'s (4 1/2X42) are awsome and in that price range also.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have two left, and they are fantastic smokes. I have even seen some "salty" flavors from these, which was unique to say the least. Only problem is that they are gone in 60 seconds (not literally, figuratively of course). Under good storage, you can get a nice plume on these too.

Maybe I will review one this weekend, will see...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have several from this brand. My favorites have been the Distinguidos. Of the smaller sticks the divinos I have had have always been hard to draw. I wouldn't call them plugged, but certainly each has been quite tight.

I have a box of Tradicionales that have been a treat. I can recommend them. They are not much more than the Divinos either.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Divinos are a great value and great smoke, IMO. However, I must agree with Calistogey, there's not a lot of middle ground - people either love the Cuaba line or not.

I haven't experienced draw problems with Divinos, as others report. Who knows, the way ISOM's can be, there's a chance of getting a few plugged ones with any box.

Be that as it may, you might consider participating in the Make a Wish/Pass it Forward thread and ask for Divinos (and/or other small vitoles) as your wish to sample before investing in a full box. Just a thought. :2

These are really love 'em or leave 'em smokes, unfortunately I'm the latter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had one of these not too long ago and it didn't leave me wanting another. To be fair though, I think it was very fresh and didn't have much age on it. Perhaps I'll have to try another one some time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts