Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this ever happens... Youre out of salt... And the nearest store is about 100 miles away and it isnt probably even open... And the neighbours are out of town and only the ones that you hates (all in my case!) and that hates you is home... And you cant get any salt... You need that salt so badly for your popcorn when youre watching a movie... OK! But you just happen to have a Cuaba Divino in the humidor... SAVED!! After youve smoked that you doesnt need any salt...

OK! It had a salty kind of flavour... I smoked a Cuaba Generoso about a year ago and thought it tasted salty, but this is ridicolous... It was like smoking a stick with a mountain of salt on top of it...

Other flavours that I noticed: there was some wood (like a salty Hemingway Short Story) and som other spicey flavours...

Whats wrong with this cigar? Is it sick or something? I think it was Mocobird who had a picture of Cuaba Divinos... How did they smoke for you? And in the picture of MoTheMans Closet I noticed a lot of Cuaba boxes... There must have been a box of Cuaba Divinos there...

? out of 5.0

Rey :r

·
Registered
806 Posts
Re: Cuaba Divinos

Hey Rey,
Well I can't say I have ever tasted salt before in these or any cigar I have ever smoked. But when it comes to the different tastes and complexities I'm not very good at distinguishing them. You don't see me posting reviews here. :) Now the box that I posted a picture of in the gallery is the first box of Cuaba's that I have bought. They have a date of April '03. I have smoked three of them so far and have really enjoyed them. They have a nice medium body taste to them and the size and shape is really cool. Perfect freeway size for a 15 or 20 minute drive. I can see this box won't last long.... :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

MocoBird said:
Hey Rey,
Well I can't say I have ever tasted salt before in these or any cigar I have ever smoked. But when it comes to the different tastes and complexities I'm not very good at distinguishing them. You don't see me posting reviews here. :) Now the box that I posted a picture of in the gallery is the first box of Cuaba's that I have bought. They have a date of April '03. I have smoked three of them so far and have really enjoyed them. They have a nice medium body taste to them and the size and shape is really cool. Perfect freeway size for a 15 or 20 minute drive. I can see this box won't last long.... :D
Thanks for the quick reply...

Maybe its the place where I bought them...

I was thinking of getting some Cuaba Salomones when I run out of the Salomones Ive got now... Thats why Im a bit worried...

·
Registered
806 Posts

El Rey del Mundo said:
Thanks for the quick reply...

Maybe its the place where I bought them...

I was thinking of getting some Cuaba Salomones when I run out of the Salomones Ive got now... Thats why Im a bit worried...
If I enjoy the rest of the box as much as the first three I'm sure I'll be trying some different sizes.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

MocoBird said:
If I enjoy the rest of the box as much as the first three I'm sure I'll be trying some different sizes.
Also when I read the top3 and the bottom3 lists on CW... Surprisingly often the Cuaba was in the bottom3-lists along with for example Vegerous...

·
Registered
806 Posts

El Rey del Mundo said:
Also when I read the top3 and the bottom3 lists on CW... Surprisingly often the Cuaba was in the bottom3-lists along with for example Vegerous...
Well there ya go!!! That just reinforces my statement of why I don't do reviews! :r

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts

I smoked most of 2 boxes of Cuabas from PEL 03 last year. Divinos and Tradiconales. Liked them both a lot, didn't find anything salty about them.

Found the flavor interesting, more powerful than I expected but quite enjoyable ... thats why the boxes didn't last long. The ratings on T25 are not that bad, 8.46 for tradicionales, 8.52 for exclusivos and 7.44 for Divonos (in part caused by one sub-5 rating among only 9 reviews). I like them a lot and think the thighs of the virgins rolling those must have been sweaty that day....

Sean

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts

I got to enjoy one of these tonight thanks to mr c. Now this being only my second cuban I can't really give an informed opinion. I didn't taste any salt in this one, but from reading reviews, I hear that comment quite a bit. This one was from '02 I believe Joe said. It had a nice medium body and lots of smoke. This would be a great lunchtime smoke. And I love the shape of these things. I'm sure I see more of these in my darkside future.

·
Banned
8,745 Posts

Must be a divino day. I had one provided by MO (Thank You Again) driving back to the office tonight. Crazy little sticks. Burn was a little strange but the flavor was very unusual. Maybe its the shape but it chaged a lot during the smoke. Started lite and fluffy. Twang high in the nose. Towards the middle it got more flavorful I kept thinking barouque but thats not a flavor. I guess richer is the right term. Nice little smoke definitely a change-up vs some other smaller cubans I have been smoking lately. Got a reasonable buzz too. Ended up driving around the office complex to finish it. Must have had some age kept thiniking how the $%#@ am i going to be able to enjoy an aged stick like this from my humi. Years seem like such a long time to wait.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

I was about to order a box of these, but the vendor was out. So, for $8 more, I grabbed up a box of the slightly longer Tradicionales. 5 years of age on em too!

·
Banned
6,267 Posts

I keep hear how appealing the Cuaba line is to a lot of monkeys so I think I'm gonna have to try some.

Interesting review though ERDM, I've heard that the Cuaba's are love 'em or hate 'em type smokes so its always interesting to see what people think.

Thanx for the comments guys.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts

Had my second of these last night (both of them come courtesy of JoeD) The first that I had back in May blew my socks off. Full, rich and unusual flavoring for this size of cigar made me fall in love with it. It was all I could do to let the second one rest. So, finally last night, after a really hard day, I decided to pull this out and give myself a break. While the newness had fallen away, this cigar is still stout, rich and extremely enjoyable. Full, lush smoke, medium draw, nice burn with a little flaky ash. I nubbed it completely. These will definitely be something I look to order.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Had my first Cuaba the other day and oh man . It had some kick. My usual go to is SLC Regios. Completely different cigar. I can say if all the other Cuaba's are that good I might have to change goto sticks.

·
Registered
342 Posts

I have a box, they are young though. I have had a few, and really haven't formed a good opinion on them yet. I am going to let them sit for awhile.

Interesting Cigar. Outstanding Construction. :)

·
Registered
342 Posts

This Thread made me curious...

Smoking one of my Divinos right now...I think these are from March 06. They are fresh. They have been resting in my humi for a little over a month.

This particular stick has a VERY tight draw...A bit dissapointed. the two others that I have lit up seemed a bit better. Otherwise, it's fine. You just have to choke up on it a bit. Leather and Spice with Slightly Nutty flavors on this youngin. Medium Body.

No formal opinion Yet...I don't think it would be fair to judge these being so young....

·
Registered
3,267 Posts

If this ever happens... Youre out of salt... And the nearest store is about 100 miles away and it isnt probably even open... And the neighbours are out of town and only the ones that you hates (all in my case!) and that hates you is home... And you cant get any salt... You need that salt so badly for your popcorn when youre watching a movie... OK! But you just happen to have a Cuaba Divino in the humidor... SAVED!! After youve smoked that you doesnt need any salt...

OK! It had a salty kind of flavour... I smoked a Cuaba Generoso about a year ago and thought it tasted salty, but this is ridicolous... It was like smoking a stick with a mountain of salt on top of it...

Other flavours that I noticed: there was some wood (like a salty Hemingway Short Story) and som other spicey flavours...

Whats wrong with this cigar? Is it sick or something? I think it was Mocobird who had a picture of Cuaba Divinos... How did they smoke for you? And in the picture of MoTheMans Closet I noticed a lot of Cuaba boxes... There must have been a box of Cuaba Divinos there...

? out of 5.0

Rey :r
This is what happened to me with a box of SP Belicosos a while back. They were friggin slat sticks that were nearly unsmokable. A couple were quite nice without the salt flavor.

ATL

·
sanctuary
3,674 Posts

I'm looking forward to trying some of these. I love the figurado shape, and the size seems just right. Don't know about that salt thing, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.