Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a cruise to the bahamas. On this boat they had one bar that was their official cigar bars. Cigars could be smoked on the top deck or in this bar. Everywhere else is off limits. The first day my wife and I head up to the bar, it's pretty empty and we get a seat. 2 ladies come in, now this is a big bar with 2 sides, they come and sit right behind us. It only took about 3 mins before one woman turned around and said that smoke stinks while holding her nose. I politely said that this is the cigar bar, it's allowed. She must have thought I was going to gladly put out the smoke, and when I did not she left. That is not the best story.
The 2nd night they had Karoke, and my wife and some of her family were going to do that. From the cigar bar I had a good table that could see right in to that room. 2 women sat behind me and almost at once started right in with the cigar smoke. Apparently I was deaf. One lady got up and went to the bartender to tell me to put it out. She returned defeated when the bartender told her that I could smoke. They kept complaining behind me, I finally looked back and both of them were smoking cigarettes.
Finally another cigar smoker came in and joined me. That about stopped all the comments.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Funnymantrip said:
They kept complaining behind me, I finally looked back and both of them were smoking cigarettes.
Finally another cigar smoker came in and joined me. That about stopped all the comments.
One of those moments that you wish a pal sat down with a Puros Indios Chief ....

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Way to go. Thanks you, on behalf of the cigar smoking world. Its great when someone stands up for their rights. I don't get it when cigarette smokers complain about cigars??? It makes me :pu . I think that any establishment permitting cigaretter smoking should allow cigars and pipes. :w

·
Test Subject
2,651 Posts
When I am in a smoking area and am sitting all alone and not bothering anyone and then someone comes up and sits next to me and roll their eyes or says something they better get ready to have their sensitive feelings hurt and hurt badly..I do not take any shit when I go out of my way to sit alone and they still come by and make a face.

Jerry in Minnesota.

·
Registered
756 Posts
i was on a princess cruise in the french polynesian back in november for my honeymoon. i coudnt believe there was no cigar bar, or anyplace on the boat that even sold cubans or any cigars. i just assumed that being out of the country they would take advantage of all the american pigs that would want to buy cuban cigars just 'because the could'. i was dissapointed that they did not take advantage of me the way i wanted to be taken advantage of ;)
jimmy

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Cigars smell so much better than cigarettes, it is unbelievable. Funny story funnymantrip! :D

I was in Sidney, Nebraska golfing and after the round I lit up a cigar and we drove to our little hotel. Smoking is allowed in Sidney (last holdout of un-political correctness) and so I brought my cigar in with me and was checking in. Two women from Oregon walked in and screamed at me for being so rude. I said there was nothing wrong with smoking in the hotel as it was allowed and they turned around and walked out and waited out front. When I came out they informed me again of how rude I was. I told them that they must be liberals and they clucked some more!

·
LineWalker
213 Posts
I used to smoke cigarettes, and cigars taste better is so many ways its ridiculous. Even before I smoked cigars, I never minded the smoke as much as cigarette smoke. I'm a pretty reserved guy, but when someone complains about it in an area that its allowed, that really pisses me off. The under the breath bickering about it might force me extinguish my stick on her forehead. I think I need to take a deep breath. :bx

·
Registered
186 Posts
Jeff said:
Way to go. Thanks you, on behalf of the cigar smoking world. Its great when someone stands up for their rights. I don't get it when cigarette smokers complain about cigars??? It makes me :pu . I think that any establishment permitting cigaretter smoking should allow cigars and pipes. :w
I agree Jeff, hell they charge us the same amount of friggen taxes.

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sit in the cigar shop and you won't believe the amount of people who come in and say "This store smells great." Or the times I have a cigar lit and someone says that it smells very good. It's the people who want to complain that are the problem. Instead of letting things be they have to be the center of the universe. Everyone has to cater to THEM.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Thanx for the info,

I'm actually going on a cruise myself in Mar. for my Honeymoon. We're going to the Caribbean so I'm looking forward to it.

Hopefully they'll have a cigar lounge, if not I'll just have to smoke on the suite balcony........

·
Registered
221 Posts
Funny...I was just saying to LasciviousXXX and Linus at the AZ herf that you never see two people sitting around, lightly squeezing a Marlboro and discussing how the bleached white wrapper is superior to the machine made speckled white chemical wrapper of a Newport.

The way I look at it, cigars are of the healthy/vegetarian/organic ilk, with added class. After all, the tobacco leaves would've just fallen to the ground had the cigar makers not caught them on the way down and turned them into the aromatic bales of heavenly matter.....sigh....

Then there are cigarettes: intended not to be enjoyed very long, burn by themselves because they are just chemicals, and a necessary filter in place because if you don't have that the paint peels off of your lungs! YUK!

To anyone who gives us grief in our enjoyment, I fart in your general direction :tg

·
Registered
221 Posts
HAH! You turkey...it's "hamster"...you've been spending too much time with your boys in Sedona, pickin through the "dumpster"...! hah!

On the other hand, I may be in Sedona someday and stopped for speeding, wherein it will be exceedingly helpful to be able to flaunt my association with the fine Lascivious-XXX who will get me out of said ticket...so.......let me apologize for the shot above!

·
Registered
223 Posts
During football season, my wife & I spend a good deal of time @ the ESPNZone. You can smoke cigars in the bar and the staff is great.

Anyway, while watching a bowl game there this year, this woman comes up to me and asks me to put out my cigar, a Litto Gomez Lusitano. When I asked her where she was sitting, she told me... and I'm serious about this, two rooms away!

Now I was going to be nice about this, but before I could, my wife jumped in and informed her that cigar smoking was allowed where we were sitting. The lady responded that the smell was so obnoxious that it was making her whole table sick - 2 rooms away. Enraged by the ridiculousness of this scene, my wife replies, "Well, you know what? You're making everyone at this table sick! We come here every saturday to watch football because you CAN smoke cigars here. And every saturday we sit in here and smoke cigars - where it's permitted. Perhaps you should leave and go somewhere where cigar smoking is not permitted. Now, if you will excuse us please...."

I about laughed my butt off! 2 Rooms away!

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
I have no doubt that she could smell the smoke two rooms away. Even after starting back up with cigars, I can still smell cigarette or cigar smoke through closed car windows, theirs and mine, if stopped at a traffic light and someone is smoking in the car next to me. Smelling cigaretter smoke is annoying but smelling cigar smoke is great. It is just a matter of perception. Gotta say though, way to go to your wife. That person was being extremely rude to come and ask you to put out your smoke in a bar that allowed smoking. What really gets my goat though is when cigarette smokers start complaining about the stinky cigar smoke as if the cigarettes they are smoking don't smell 100 times worse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.