Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to change the humidity device in my humidor (50 count) so I go out and buy one of those Credo things that have the PG solution already in them. When I took it out of the plastic it had little beads of moisture on it so I know it wasn't dried out.
Anyway, I put it in my humi and look 2 days later - 59%...
Wait 2 more days - still 59%
Getting frustrated I add a little distilled water and 2 days later - 60%
Now VERY frustrated I add LOTS of distilled water 2 days later - STILL 60%!!!

What is going on here?.. Only thing I can think of is the PG solution in the thing is regulating my humidity at 60% for some reason and not allowing enough moisture out... I know my hydrometer is acurate and the last device I used was the same size, but w/o PG and kept at 70% nicely.
My next idea is to just submerge the thing in water and try to flush out some of the PG solution (good idea?)
Any ideas on whats going on here? :c
Thanks

·
formerly Jokieman
987 Posts
smokemifyagotem said:
I decided to change the humidity device in my humidor (50 count) so I go out and buy one of those Credo things that have the PG solution already in them. When I took it out of the plastic it had little beads of moisture on it so I know it wasn't dried out.
Anyway, I put it in my humi and look 2 days later - 59%...
Wait 2 more days - still 59%
Getting frustrated I add a little distilled water and 2 days later - 60%
Now VERY frustrated I add LOTS of distilled water 2 days later - STILL 60%!!!

What is going on here?.. Only thing I can think of is the PG solution in the thing is regulating my humidity at 60% for some reason and not allowing enough moisture out... I know my hydrometer is acurate and the last device I used was the same size, but w/o PG and kept at 70% nicely.
My next idea is to just submerge the thing in water and try to flush out some of the PG solution (good idea?)
Any ideas on whats going on here? :c
Thanks
What's the temperature?

If your keeping it at 65-68 degrees, this wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I think flushing it, then drying it out, then adding your own 50/50 solution should take care of the problem.
Does the foam absorb the water easily? I had a problem in which my credo came with the wrong florist foam, the dry one, and did not absorb enough moisture to keep the RH up. After some help from here I went to my local florist and got a brick of wet Oasis foam for free, cut out a round piece, added the PG solution and man does it work nicely! Keeps the RH right on 70. Good luck and let us know how it went.

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nely said:
I think flushing it, then drying it out, then adding your own 50/50 solution should take care of the problem.
Does the foam absorb the water easily? I had a problem in which my credo came with the wrong florist foam, the dry one, and did not absorb enough moisture to keep the RH up. After some help from here I went to my local florist and got a brick of wet Oasis foam for free, cut out a round piece, added the PG solution and man does it work nicely! Keeps the RH right on 70. Good luck and let us know how it went.
It absorbed the water fairly easily. I think Im gonna flush it and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.