Cigar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a box of Partagas shorts in yesterday, so my friend and I decide to go to the bar and try them out. Walking out the door my friend says "I hope I dont like these (first isom he has had-ever) so then I dont have to buy the $$$$$$$$$$ boxes of cigars." I am thinking you fool, its the slippery slope for both of us. Anyways, I fondle, cut, and lite up. "WOW!" "That smells really good!" My friend says. The cuban promise land of tatse and flavor hits me immediatly. He lites up, after a few puffs "OMG this is like no other cigar I have ever had" (slide, slide, slippidity, slide) :p :w

Mine was great - tight draw though, friend says his draw was perfect. kinda woodsy or tannic I think they call it (first third), at the end of a long draw I could taste the floral tones(2/3). A little more mild than I thought, friend says his was pretty strong. Nice and spicy at the end, left the tip of my tounge numb on each draw. Had a corona (beer) to drink with it.

Joe

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
As the self appointed resident advocate of the Party Short, I must say that you could not have made a better choice. It is certainly (in my unbiased opinion) the biggest bang for the buck to be found anywhere in cigardom. Having sampled the delights of the Short leaf, I do hereby officially designate you as a Sporty Shortie. Wear that title as a badge of honor my friend.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You have found out what most of us know :) This is one hell of a kick ass cigar ;) I smoke one in the am with coffee then I will finsh my night with one
as a great end after 2 or 3 other bigger sticks :D

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Hee, hee, hee.

There, there padawan, you've only just begun your journey to the dark side!!

MoTheMan

P.S. I kinda' agree with what Fredster said elsewhere, although the Party Short is an excellent stick for the buck, I (IMHO) think that the Boli PC is a hell of a great one also.

P.P.S Congrats on your new purchase. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Those were the first ISOMs i ever bought a box of (not that I've bought that many), but I will always have a box of those on hand. Love at first taste. I think they are the best bargain in Cubans.

-bd

·
-
11,412 Posts
yes, they are terrific.

i'm noticing a lot of the guys who prefer the boli pc also prefer the boli rc to the psd4... maybe it's just a matter of liking that partagas or bolivar flavor profile.
i'm a partagas guy right now... although those darn boli pcs are very nice as well.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Yeah I love the Parti Short. I argree with IHT about the flavour profile. I like the Partagas flavour a lot. But one of my favs is the BBF. I also enjoyed the BRC when I smoked it in Germany. So I am looking forward to trying the Boli PC. Congrats on you purchase.

Ctop

:pu

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Partagas Short...one of my two favorites (along with the RASS) at this time. I have been smoking the cabinet variety and love 'em. They are still fairly young, but I just can't stop smoking them...love that peppery Partagas taste. I have a dress box as well that I am letting age a bit (I have never had the dress box party short). As I understand it, many people say that the cabinet version and the dress box version are blended differently...I am skeptical of this, but am interested to see how the two compare. "They" say that the cabinet version is significantly stronger and more flavorful. I'd be interested to see if any of the LLGs have some input on the dress box vs. cabinet question.

·
Over Enthused Little Girl
1,404 Posts
When I was new I burned thru cabs of party shorts like crazy. I have only had 1 short this year. Funny. The boli pc is one cigar I havent figured out, most of the time they taste harsh to me.
try one with 10 years on it
joe (bastage) gave me one... awesome

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Klugs hates everything!! He won't like them!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts