Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody!
Got a question. I was given about 5 boxes of counterfeit Cuban cigars, all sealed but one. The open box containing about 15 cigars. Now I know theses are fakes because my friend Louie gave them to me before he had to go on vacation for 3-5 years. Prior to him leaving on vacation he ran a nice little cigar business out of his house. So anyway I get the cigars about a year and a half ago and stick them in the coolador and forget them. That was till yesterday. Rearranging things I come across the open box of Hoyo's and what do I see when I open them? COUNTERFEIT BLOOM!!!! Now I know that bloom is a result of keeping them at perfect temp/humidity, but what about the quality of tobacco in the cigars? Is bloom affected by quality? I always was under the opinion that bloom was a result of the oils rising to the surface. And oils equal good tobacco...right? So am I to assume that the quality of these cigars could be good? Have not smoked one. Never really had the urge. Got plenty of other good stuff to smoke. Always figured I would save them in case I became homeless. But now I'm intrigued. So without smoking them, what do you think? Anybody wanna be a test pilot?

??? The Bird ???

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I have had some pretty bad cigars with bloom on them, so don't get your hopes to high. That being said, any cigar you like is a good cigar, no matter where it cimes from or what it claims to be. If you like them, enjoy!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Plume or bloom is nothing more than oils that have come to the surface and crystallized. It's a good thing in that the oils haven't evaporated off of the cigar under improper storage conditions. This will happen with most cigars under the right conditions.

But you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. If it's not a good cigar in the first place, it won't be improved by the appearance of plume/bloom.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have read that some of the counterfeit cubans are actually pretty good. You just might get lucky and have some good tasting cigars on your hands. Not trying to imply that they will be near as good as the real thing but there are some good D.R. and Hon. cigars out there!

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Smoke one and let us know how they are.

Like pds said if you like them great, if not, oh well. I'm sure it's not the first cigar you didn't like and won't be the last.

The bloom is a good sign that your cigars are in a stable environment in the right conditions. So even if the counterfit cigars are bad just think how the cigars you do like will taste 1-3 years from now.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1f1fan said:
The bloom is a good sign that your cigars are in a stable environment in the right conditions. So even if the counterfit cigars are bad just think how the cigars you do like will taste 1-3 years from now.
So the boxes of Padron 2000's that have been in there since April 2000 should be in good shape, Right? :D

"Redman email me your addy and I would be happy to send you one."

......The Bird

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Redman said:
Not to hijack this thread but 1f1 you said you like the pardon 2000 maduro, how about the 3000 maduro? I was thinking about getting some of those pretty soon.
Those are good too!

cazadore said:
I thought this was the HABANOS Lounge? :confused: :)
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming ;)

MB,

Smoke one of those counterfit cigars or send them to a certain fan of Forumula 1 racing...I heard from somewhere he likes cigars too!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Redman said:
Not to hijack this thread but 1f1 you said you like the pardon 2000 maduro, how about the 3000 maduro? I was thinking about getting some of those pretty soon.
I'm sure you won't be disappointed! :w

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1f1fan said:
Smoke one of those counterfit cigars or send them to a certain fan of Forumula 1 racing...I heard from somewhere he likes cigars too!
1f1fan, Send me your addy and I'll send you one.
...........The Bird

1 - 15 of 15 Posts