Cigar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get those supercool pictures at the bottom of a post? I have tried 20 different ways from Sunday, but I'm stoopid at it. I want to have a picture too. I went to the custom dealybob and tried the vB code, all I got was nothing. I need the cool pictures in your post for dummies explanation. Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Go to the "UserInfo" page and select the "Edit Profile" link. In the box where you can supply a signature, use the IMG tag to include a picture that you have made available somewhere on the web. For example:

[ IMG ] http://somewhere.out.there/image.gif [ /IMG ]

Note that the imbedded blanks were added intentionally to show the tag syntax. For the tag to work properly, there should be no blanks.

When you submit your posts, be sure the "Show Signature" box is checked.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any pictures made available to the web. (that are decent or while I was conscious) I think I'm just trying post pics from my hard drive to the post. Jeez, I'm lucky I know how to push the buttons. Now I'll have to figure out how to post pics to the web. It's a neverending battle being me. One fine day a bitchin' supercool picture will be in my post. Thanks drc

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yes, very nice image. From your "bomb your buddy" website link, right?

Wayne's right, rns. I was thinking you wanted to include an image as part of your signature in each of your posts. But, you can attach a file in any post, as long as it's 102,400 bytes or smaller. And those attachments will be uploaded right from your hard drive.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want a pic like edisonbirds. That is the type of thingy I'm a looking for. I hurt my brain trying post one the other night. I am getting closer to figuring it out. Someday my dream of a photo in my post will come true. Until that day, I'll just have to use this deal............

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ignore the fact that the stuff you type gets wrapped to the next line. It's just that the signature box on that profile page is pretty narrow. Just keep typing, and as long as you don't type in any spaces, you can trust that no spaces are in the value, and the [ IMG ] tag will work just fine.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All is goot! Thanks drc, okie2, OPT, now I can relaxnsmoke!:D I feel like a new man. That only took several dozens of attempts and hours of self abuse! (not self flagellating!) :w

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Hey Dave,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Hey Dave,

I could say....but I wouldn't

LIGHT DAWNS ON MARBLEHEAD!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts