Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In honor of passing 200 posts' here is a contest for anyone so inclined. The prize is about 7 or 8 good domestic stogies delivered to your address! Free! (matches not included) :w

The first one to complete all the answers correctly, wins!

If edited, then the editing time is the logged time.

Good Luck!

1. In which activity are these terms commonly used? Railroad Bible, Broadway, Glimmer, Splash, Mechanic, High Society?

2. a.What worldwide recognized icon was invented by Harvey Ball?
b.How much money did he receive for it?
c. Which year was this conceived?
d. For what reason?

3. a. Mcdonalds newest spin-off restaurant is about to open in this city.
b. The name of it will be?

4. Led Zeppelins' song, The Ocean, is about what?

5. The Beatles song, Dear Prudence, was written about whom?

6. What is the amount of water in Disneyland's ride, " Pirates of the Caribbean?"

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the booty, for the smarty pants who can figure out answers. Good Luck! Now help me clear out my Humi! I have a shipment coming in and I can't smoke these fast enough.

2 CAO Brazilia Piranhas
2 CAO Cameroon Anniv. Tubos #1
1 CAO Criollo Pato
1 Puros Indios Maxima Reserva
1 Puros Indios Vieja
1 Hemingway Signature.................:w

·
Registered
410 Posts
Man your not right with some of these ...

1. poker
2 Smiley Face
2a.he was paid $45 for it
C & D 1964, State Mutual cooked up a “friendship campaign”

3 I have no CLue?
Sonic?

4. about the writhing ocean of fans in front of the band as they played onstage.
5. Prudence Farrow -Mia farrow's little sister

6 Amount of Water: 750,000

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
I'll give HBooker no.. 3--McDonalds 3 n 1, also a little help with 5, John wrote it after a tiff with his wife Cyn, he decided he needed girl backup singers and Paul grabbed two girls off the streel. lol

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Free Hints, Hbooker you have 3 of them right,

Hints for the 2 wrong.............

Superdome

Scarlett

gotta take the 4 year old out for a run...he's climbing all over me! I bet you got it when I get back.....

·
Registered
410 Posts
OK the only one that is missing is 3..

http://www.thegoodgamblingguide.co.uk/glossary/pokerglossary.htm

Harvey Ball is famous for his invention of the Smiley. In 1962, the State Mutual Life Assurance of Worcester, MA (now known as Allamerica) purchased Guarantee Mutual Company of Ohio. The merger resulted in low employee morale. In an attempt to solve this, Harvey Ball was employed in 1963 as a freelance artist to create a smiley face to be used on buttons, desk cards, and posters. The use of the smiley face was part of the company's friendship campaign which aimed to get employees to smile while using the phone, and doing other tasks. The buttons were highly popular and at more than 50 million Smiley Face buttons were sold by 1971. The smiley has been described as an international icon.

Ball never applied for a trademark or copyright of the smiley and earned just $45 for his work

Originally appearing as the final track on Houses of the Holy, this song was written about the writhing ocean of fans in front of the band as they played onstage. "Singing to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar..." The song changes radically toward the end, making a transition into a rollicking 50's-style doo-*** romp. You won't be able to help bouncing around a bit yourself as the piece grinds toward its explosive conclusion. Originally appearing on the American tour in 1972, "The Ocean" also showed up as an encore in Europe and America in 1973.

#5 Lohn wrote this song while in India studying transendental meditation. It was about one of the girls in the group. Her nema was prudence farrow (Mia Farrows little sister) And she was into meditation bigtime she was always in her tent and no one could get her out.

Pirates of the Caribbean Facts and Figures:
Opening Day: March 18, 1967 Ride Time: 14.5 minutes Capacity: 3,400 guests per hour Audio-Animatronic Figures: 66 pirates and villages, 57 animals and birds

Amount of Water: 750,000 Main Lift Pumps (2 operating): 20,000 gallons circulated per minute (maximum) 18,000 gallons circulated per minute (maximum) First Drop: Length - 52 feet Angle - 21 degrees Second Drop: Length - 37 feet Angle - 21 degrees Lift: Length - 90 feet Angle - 16 degrees Structural Data: Number of Buildings: 2 Number of Levels: 3 (Blue Bayou, upper caverns, and basement) Maximum Height of Ceiling: 40 feet

·
Registered
410 Posts
1. poker
Harvey Ball is famous for his invention of the Smiley. In 1962, the State Mutual Life Assurance of Worcester, MA (now known as Allamerica) purchased Guarantee Mutual Company of Ohio. The merger resulted in low employee morale. In an attempt to solve this, Harvey Ball was employed in 1963 as a freelance artist to create a smiley face to be used on buttons, desk cards, and posters. The use of the smiley face was part of the company's friendship campaign which aimed to get employees to smile while using the phone, and doing other tasks. The buttons were highly popular and at more than 50 million Smiley Face buttons were sold by 1971. The smiley has been described as an international icon.

Ball never applied for a trademark or copyright of the smiley and earned just $45 for his work

#3 - 3'n1" Debuts Second Restaurant In Lincoln, Nebraska
Innovative Restaurant Concept To Open Monday, May 19

Originally appearing as the final track on Houses of the Holy, this song was written about the writhing ocean of fans in front of the band as they played onstage. "Singing to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar..." The song changes radically toward the end, making a transition into a rollicking 50's-style doo-*** romp. You won't be able to help bouncing around a bit yourself as the piece grinds toward its explosive conclusion. Originally appearing on the American tour in 1972, "The Ocean" also showed up as an encore in Europe and America in 1973.

#5 John wrote this song while in India studying transendental meditation. It was about one of the girls in the group. Her nema was prudence farrow (Mia Farrows little sister) And she was into meditation bigtime she was always in her tent and no one could get her out.

Opening Day: March 18, 1967 Ride Time: 14.5 minutes Capacity: 3,400 guests per hour Audio-Animatronic Figures: 66 pirates and villages, 57 animals and birds

Amount of Water: 750,000 Main Lift Pumps (2 operating): 20,000 gallons circulated per minute (maximum) 18,000 gallons circulated per minute (maximum) First Drop: Length - 52 feet Angle - 21 degrees Second Drop: Length - 37 feet Angle - 21 degrees Lift: Length - 90 feet Angle - 16 degrees Structural Data: Number of Buildings: 2 Number of Levels: 3 (Blue Bayou, upper caverns, and basement) Maximum Height of Ceiling: 40 feet

GOOD GRIEF..

·
Registered
410 Posts
1. poker

#3 - McDonald's Corp. will open a new venture, Chef Mac's, on the first floor of an office building across from City Hall and the Louisiana Superdome in September

#5 John wrote this song while in India studying transendental meditation. It was about one of the girls in the group. Her nema was prudence farrow (Mia Farrows little sister) And she was into meditation bigtime she was always in her tent and no one could get her out.

Im so DOne....
I think its appropiate to thank you for the contest. and everyones help.
Im going to smoke a Lusi now.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ding, Ding, Ding,

You did it Hbooker!!! You will probably not eat a Big Mac while listening to the Beatles and Led Z during a poker game with a smiley face for months!!! Send me your addy in PM, I'll send out the Booty Monday Morn!!!!!:r

1 - 20 of 26 Posts